Triton Topaz T100si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time for anything!!
I have a Topaz T100si with a recent problem.
It doesn't seem to start in Full power mode. When it runs, the temp will start to drop to cold setting values (20 degrees?). When switched to Eco mode, the solenoid clicks and it begins heating to my normal 36/7 degrees on my preferred lowest setting. If I switch back to Full power there is no solenoid click and it stops the same (power and temp). A few times it has eventually kicked in to proper Full power. Whether that's because it was knocked, I'm not sure (see later)
I've flushed out the scale trap and 'worked' the solenoid arms to see if anything had ceased. Fitting it back started straight in Full power but each time after is back to colder. If I knock the top of the casing where the solenoids are, I've managed to start Full power but it doesn't go back when I switch to and from Eco.
Is it possible that one of the solenoids have 'worn' on the contacts?
How does the operation of the two solenoids work? Is it both on for Full, one for Eco and none for cold? If so, which one is Eco only?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back