Triton Vitino concentric shower hard to turn on and off.

Sponsored Links
No idea, but when I had people quoting for fitting the combi, they said it was good or the flow rate was good, can't remember. Why?

Sponsored Links
So a 'get out' for Triton then?

I just tried turning the taps on in the bathroom and the shower at the same time. The banging didn't happen so bad, but the handles are still stiff to turn. If I feel the shower feed pipes, it's the cold one that bangs, even with the bath taps and the basin taps on at the same time.

With all the taps on, this results in a trickle of water out the shower, yet still the banging and stiff handles, so it can't be too much pressure can it?

What does this point to?

Sorry to read of the problems with your Triton product.

The key problem here seems to be the stiffness of controls. There will be a certain resistance - ie the controls will not spin freely as we want them to remain in their set positions during operation. However - the contols should not be excessively hard to turn.

If the running water pressure was above the max required of 5 bar this hs been known to cause such ptoblems.

Assuming that your Installation is correct and running pressure is below the 5 Bar then the problem should be resolved under the terms and conditions of warranty.

The only time our £68.00 charge is made if the fault was found to be a non product fault and therefore this ould not be covered under our warranty. We have to inform everyone who books a service visit with us of these terms and conditions so that everyone is aware.

If you have not done so and as suggested , the running water pressure and installation is as far as you are aware correct then I would recommend re contacting our Service dept (Tel : 0844 980 0750) where a service visit can be arranged.

Regards,
Karl Stein
TECHNICAL TEAM
TRITON SHOWERS.

Hi Karl

I have turned off the supply to the taps and the levers are still rather stiff at a couple of places upon turning them.

I've tried turning on all the taps in the bathroom, then the shower, in order to keep the flow as low as possible. A dribble comes out of the shower, but the handle still catches in places.

Apart from paying a plumber to tell me what the pressure is, how would I know what it is? I never had any problems with the old shower.

The only way you would know for sure with regards to the actual water pressurewould be for a plumber or person with a pressure guage to take a reading for you.

To be fair, we do not see too many sites where running ater pressure is above 5 bar, but without being on site with the unit of course it would be difficult for me to advise without a reading.

Regards,
- Karl.

Triton Technical Team
Triton Showers.

The only way you would know for sure with regards to the actual water pressurewould be for a plumber or person with a pressure guage to take a reading for you.

To be fair, we do not see too many sites where running ater pressure is above 5 bar, but without being on site with the unit of course it would be difficult for me to advise without a reading.

Regards,
- Karl.

Triton Technical Team
Triton Showers.

We had a combi installed last year and the plumber made no indications the pressure was high, so I can presume it's OK.

I'm not sure of course, but I would say that if the pressure was any less than it currently is, the flow would be to poor to use the shower.

Having checked the handles with the water off, therefore no pressure or flow at all, suggests the shower is not right. I'll have to get a service visit booked.

Just don't like these 'call out fee applies if not product fault' conditions though, they always seem to allow a means of bending the warranty...... ;)

thanks

I am finding it extremely difficult to operate this shower. I have got a mid-seventy's person in the household and they cannot have a shower when I am not at home. I asked the plumber some 6 months ago to replace my old shower and he got this one whilst I was at work. Since he installed I never had easy time with this shower, always difficult to turn on.

Sorry to read of the problems with your Triton product.

The key problem here seems to be the stiffness of controls. There will be a certain resistance - ie the controls will not spin freely as we want them to remain in their set positions during operation. However - the contols should not be excessively hard to turn.

If the running water pressure was above the max required of 5 bar this hs been known to cause such ptoblems.

Assuming that your Installation is correct and running pressure is below the 5 Bar then the problem should be resolved under the terms and conditions of warranty.

The only time our £68.00 charge is made if the fault was found to be a non product fault and therefore this ould not be covered under our warranty. We have to inform everyone who books a service visit with us of these terms and conditions so that everyone is aware.

If you have not done so and as suggested , the running water pressure and installation is as far as you are aware correct then I would recommend re contacting our Service dept (Tel : 0844 980 0750) where a service visit can be arranged.

Regards,
Karl Stein
TECHNICAL TEAM
TRITON SHOWERS.

If I turn off the water supply to the shower and its still hard/impossible to operate the lever....then what? I've called Triton and even with this information I still get told about the call out fee as if its a given.
At the moment I feel like ripping it off the wall and replacing with a cheaper better built shower NOT from Triton.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back