trojan help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I stupidly opened up an e-mail i shouldnt have. I now keep getting a trojan horse warning on avg. everytime i get rid of it by using avg it comes back.

the warning comes up as follows

file

C:\Windows\system32\dllcache\agp440.sys Trojan horse Generic 14.ADMQ

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\agp440.sys Trojan horse generic 14.ADMQ

C:\Windows\system32\wisdstr.exe Trojan horse Generic 14.AJKE

It seems to reset my homepage on IE. It was originally a trojan that tried to get me to sign up to pc antivirus 2010, and ive reomed most of it using avg, but these bits keep popping up. WHen i try to remove these using avg it says they cant be healed.

Im running XP

cheers

Thermo

Sponsored Links
Thermo.

If it helps.....

Check out the latest sticky by Dave.m at the top. I had a similar problem with AVG not shifting a Trojan and following Daves advice I got rid of it.

cheers toptec, ive managed to get rid of everything now apart from

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\agp440.sys";"Trojan horse Generic14.ADMQ";"Object is white-listed (critical/system file that should not be removed)"

this bugger and im not sure what to do as nothing seems to be touching it.

the words depth out of and help spring to mind!

Thermo,
Use DrWeb Cureit from:
http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/?lng=en

It is an uptodate antivirus tool. Just read the instructions on the site and download and run it.
Once it has removed everything that it finds, you can uninstall it as it is a "One-off" program ythat comes with the latest virus definitions but does not update after being installed.

Post back
dave

Sponsored Links
would all appear to be sorted.

Many thanks for all your help

Thermo,
As a final clean up, I would recommend booting into safe mode and running a full scan with AVG.

Safe mode:
Start you computer and keep tapping the F8 key until you get the black screen with options.
Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press the Enter key.
When it boots, open AVG and run a scan.

When complete, shut down and it will restart in normal mode.

dave

Back