trouble with fitting a new radiator valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, first time poster and in need of some advice.

i am wanting to replace a radiator valve on one of my rads, but am having a bit of an issue.

i've drained the system (or so i think), and the boiler (Worcester Greenstar 24i junior) is showing the pressure is at zero, i've drained and removed the radiator in question (and have in fact removed all radiators in the downstairs are as im decorating). to double check i've attached a hose to the drain off valve on one of the other pipe fitting sin the downstairs area, opened the valve to drain, and no water has come out.. a few drips.

i then go ahead and remove the faulty radiator valve and water spurts out of the pipe!.. what havent i done?.. and any ideas how i can remove and fit this faulty radiator valve.

thanks in advance for all tips.

like my username suggests, i am definitely a DIY Junior!

Sponsored Links
It is probably just a bit of trapped water, put a couple of old towels down around the valve, crack the vale open to drain the remaining water
above all Don't Panic Mr Mainwaring!!! ;)

Ok ill give it a go.. would i have to turn the mains off or anything?!.. just don't wanna flood the house!

Sponsored Links
It is probably just a bit of trapped water, put a couple of old towels down around the valve, crack the vale open to drain the remaining water
above all Don't Panic Mr Mainwaring!!! ;)

I just drain it into an old washing up bowl ;)

thanks for the tips guys.. was in deed just a bit of trapped water.. So no real drama's at all..

again, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back