Trouble with my Vaillant Boiler - F75 error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had this boiler fitted in 2008.
It is an ecoTEC plus 630 VU GB 306/3-5
The recurring problem is the F75 error.
I have had numerous sensors & motherboards.
The flexibles pipes were changed from flexies to rigid copper.
The water in the system is very clean and clear.
is there a permanent fix for this?
I had a new sensor fitted two days ago.
I have it serviced every year.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

I would start with a proper service
Touch wood, not been not able to clear F75 code fault to date

Could you recommend a good boiler?
Hard shout, but many boilers have very long warranties now, and if fitted to the Manufacturers instructions then you will be trouble free for many years, all about the right manu and the right installer , sorry I cant give you a recommendation we all have companies that work for us, if you say what area you are in maybe someone can offer their services or recommend someone in your area

Why numerous sensors and motherboards?
I have flexi tubes in my Ecotec, slight leak but that was sorted with a jubilee clip
If system water is clear, tubes should not be an issue
Another sensor fitted? With boiler at zero pressure, what pressure reading do you get
When boiler is serviced, what is done?
Looks like parts are being thrown at the boiler

I keep pressure sensor as a stock item but it does not fail at drop of a hat.
In all these years my boiler has had one sensor change, pump ( previous was Wilo later changed to grundfos by Vaillant.

Instead of throwing parts at the boiler, try another engineer and a proper service
Did you get a printout of the FG analysis, was the condensate filter cleaned, what about the expansion vessel- was that checked. Has the burner been removed and heat exchanger coils cleaned and flushed- new seal fitted?

Lot of above will not resolve the F75 but indicates scope of work during a service and a service OFTEN fixes F75 issue. What is the system pressure and what does it rise to when heating has been running

I had an ecotec fiasco from 2011 up until a few months ago, the thing was a Friday afternoon job straight out of the box, I had F75, F22, even F whatever relates to no gas supply even though it was never touched (WTF?). It hissed, banged, and kettled through 9 long years until I eventually gave up on it after hundreds of pounds spend on draindowns, treatments, and chemicals.

Absolutely hateful pile of cr*p!!

I had it replaced earlier this year with a Viessmann - it just purrs away and gets on with the job without issue. Do yourself a favour and buy a decent boiler :)

I had an ecotec fiasco from 2011 up until a few months ago, the thing was a Friday afternoon job straight out of the box, I had F75, F22, even F whatever relates to no gas supply even though it was never touched (WTF?). It hissed, banged, and kettled through 9 long years until I eventually gave up on it after hundreds of pounds spend on draindowns, treatments, and chemicals.

Absolutely hateful pile of cr*p!!

I had it replaced earlier this year with a Viessmann - it just purrs away and gets on with the job without issue. Do yourself a favour and buy a decent boiler :)

As a heating engineer I have to say every boiler has its foibles. Viessman is no different with its rubber tubes, pump etc and eye watering parts prices.

As a heating engineer I have to say every boiler has its foibles. Viessman is no different with its rubber tubes, pump etc and eye watering parts prices.
Mine doesn`t have any of the rubber hoses, it`s heat only which is all copper :) I have to say, it`s a super little boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back