f75 error on my vaillant Eco tec plus boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a f75 error on my vaillant Eco tec plus boiler. To get around the error, I have been draining some water out of the system, and then adding pressure via the filling loop. This gets around the error but then after a day or two the f75 returns.

I do have British gas home care, I have had three engineers around and the last guy changed the pressure switch/sensor but then told me that I would need an external expansion vessel and BG power flush before they would come out again. The work would cost approx £1000. I advised them that I already had the system flushed 6 months ago, but the BG engineers claimed it had not been done correctly.

Anyway, I decided to get the expansion vessel fitted, as I do have 15 radiators in my house and reading info on this on the web it seemed sensible. I used an independent gas engineer to fit 25l vessel. He told me that pressure switch/sensor wasn't changed and that my system didn't need a power flush. So I'm not really sure what to believe.

I still have the error, so I was thinking about just getting the pressure switch/sensor changed again, but I just wanted to find out if the was anything I could do to determine the cause of the issue?

Also, I was thinking about calling out a vaillant engineer, I know it might cost more but I would just like this issue fixed. Would this be a sensible approach? Or if any one could suggest a good gas engineer who covers Rickmansworth, herts, that would be good too.

Btw - I have asked BG to double check their engineers advice, and they are carrying out an investigation. But this all takes time and I have young kids so would like this issue resolved quickly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
F.75 can be caused by several possibilities inside the appliance itself.

Correct pressure within the Expansion Vessel (in the boiler casing) is crucial, but with 15 rads, an additional one may well be required.

As the front cover of you boiler is part of the combustion box seal, I can only advise that you do not open it yourself, as this should be carried out only a Registered Gas Installer.

Could you tell us how old your appliance is please?

There will be other regulars on here (who cover your part of the UK) who are very experienced with this fault code and the appropriate remedies.

regarding further expensive flushing through of the system, a water sample can be taken and sent off to 'water treatment companies' (such as Fernox/Sentinel etc) for analysis if needed - all at a cost of course.

DH

Thank for response, The boiler was installed by the previous owners, in 2007.

Point taken I wouldn't open anything on my boiler.

The expansion vessel has been added already but has not fixed the problem.

There are several things which affect the F75 fault and many engineers only seem to want to change the pressure sensor.

Rickmansworth is within the area that I work but with the BG cover you should really be getting them to sort it out.

Unfortunately, they often will tell you that a condition is that you get them to do additional paid for work at the elevated BG prices.

Many who power flush only do that to the radiators and don't include the boiler within the treatment.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks tony,

That could true, I'm not sure if the boiler was flushed. I did install a adey magnaclean filter to protect my boiler though.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the boiler was installed before I bought my home, and it seemed very unlikely that the system was flushed at point of installation in 2007, based on the feedback on various plumbers who have worked on my CH system. Which is why I has flushed and filter installed, but the damage may have already been done, could that be case?

I have BG coming around this week, so this could be the reason why they are suggesting a power flush

based on the feedback on various plumbers who have worked on my CH system

Always an interesting statement to me - from the point of view of someone that is used to customer retention.

Is various BG men? Or an unhealthy turn over of independents?

I also suspect that BG pay their engineers a small commission to encourage them to sell their power flushing.

Not very much I am sure but for someone on a salary it becomes extra earnings.

The commission for giving a BG new boiler quote certainly seems to tilt some engineers away from repairing older boilers on the excuse that parts are not available.

We hear of several cases here where we can all get parts which BG claim are not available. But their interpretation seems to be that parts not in their own warehouse are no longer available.

Tony

I'm sorry to jump on your post but I have the same fault code so thought it silly to start a new thread (if I should please say). F75 has popped up a couple of times over the last week and a simple switch off and on has helped. Or it did till this morning :cry:

We're renting the flat but turns out our managing agent is closed at the weekend.... Anyway, I know how to re pressure, tried that as Google told me that's the common reason and water pee'd out of the left 'tap'.

Anything I can do or do I stay cold and smelly till Monday (earliest)

As stated well above this common fault needs an engineer to fix.

If only boilers were properly serviced this particular fault would rarely be seen.

Unfortunately landlords don't get boiler serviced and just expect the annual safety check will keep them within the law!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back