Continous f75 error vs boiler replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've had f75 errors for approx 4 year on and off. Under my British Gas (bg) cover the engineers have replaced the pressure switch a number of times.

They ask my to install a expansion vessel which I did.They recommended a power flush which I also did but used an independent plumber. He also installed a magna clean filter too.

To BG credit they have installed a f75 kit and promised this would fix the issue for good.

But As soon as winter kicks in I turn the central heating and within days the f75 appears.

I don't seem to get this error when the hot water is on by itself during the summer.

The boiler was commissioned in 2007 by the previous owner, it was connected to the existing pipe work. Bg think they did this with out flushing the system. But we can't be sure.

Bg are suggesting we need their power flush which they say is more comprehensive but will cost £800. I suspect they won't fix the boiler again until this is done.

Im at the point wherein thinking of replacing the boiler and getting it flushed as part of the process. I was told they had to do it anyway.

Currently, I have an valliant ecotec pro 24 in a large 5 bed house.

Should I follow the advise of BG and get the power flush done or go ahead to a boiler replacement and upgrade?

If a new boiler is the way to go are there any recommendations in the existing valiant range you could suggest.?

Any advice will be most appreciated

Sponsored Links
Has the pump been changed? Has the flow pipe got the rubber hose on it? Is the expansion vessel set point to much or not set up for system.
When bg power flushed they may have dragged muck in boiler

True story:- i had an old dear customer who paid BG twice in four yrs to powerflush her system, all because her living room rad would only get luke warm. After she got fed up and cancelled her contract i went to service her boiler and the rad was still luke warm. I took the head off the trv and the pin was siezed. Got it free and now its the hottest rad in the house. I don't know if it ever needed powerflushing in the first place but it shouldn't have needed doing twice in four yrs if it was done properly.

Also why did they ask you to install an expansion vessel ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back