Vaillant F75 Error Code - Faulty Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No hot water this week and the boiler was showing an error code F75. The engineer came out and said the problem was with the pump and it would need to be replaced.

I was wondering how long it should take to drain the boiler, remove the old pump and replace it with a new one?

The part number of the pump is Vaillant 178983 - about how much should one of these cost?

The engineer said it would cost £179.99 for a new pump and it would take 2 hours to fit and test it. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How old is the boiler?
I doubt the pump will be the only issue.:)

Sponsored Links
The boiler is about 9.5 years old.

I had done a google search on F75 problems and they almost all pointed to water pressure sensor problems but the engineer said it was just the pump and the sensor was very clean.

A quick google search for Vaillant part 178983 shows pump prices of much less than £179.99 :(

Circa 10 years old???
Pump will be the least of your problems.
Boiler will have at least 4 other issues that should be addressed....although I doubt you will want to know this.

Circa 10 years old???
Pump will be the least of your problems.
Boiler will have at least 4 other issues that should be addressed....although I doubt you will want to know this.

Hmmm...

Rubber hoses,
Front hex seal,
Rear flue collector brittle or cracked,
Expansion vessel flat,
Dodgy pressure sensor,
Did these have the symsi PCB too?

Thanks for all the replies.

Can anyone answer my original questions in post #1? Thanks

If you don't trust your gas engineer get someone else,he's their to help you, plus it could cost a lot more. we don't know if anything else is going on so can't comment on how long someone will take or how much. nothing wrong with price of pump.

The time and parts cost seem reasonable to me - your boiler will have a Wilo pump in it and the replacement is a Grundfos, so you can't just change the head, the hydroblock it's attached to will also need changing out, hence the additional time required and high cost of the parts

Thanks for all the replies.

Can anyone answer my original questions in post #1? Thanks
If you don't trust the guy who's quoting for the works then find someone else.
I would charge around 340 notes to supply and fit pump plus any additional works that will be required.
If using the F75 kit along with burner door seal , pre-charging vessel , cleaning filter and possibly pressure sensor replacement..... you won't get much change out of 700 notes.
Combustion will require checking/tweeking with the use of an analyser , heat exchanger will also require a clean........

I think 700 notes is a tad light .....budget for around 800 notes.:censored:

I'd be similar price wise to bunny.

Time taken is not relevant really without knowing how much he charges per hour.

I'd be disappointed if it took me more than an hour, but would u rather have some one do it in an hour for £100 p/h or 2 hrs at £50ph

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back