Vaillant eco tec 615 system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I had a Glow worm fitted when I moved into our new house, it was so bad that after 2 years I had it taken out and had a Vaillant eco tec 615 system boiler with Tempest tank fitted 8 years ago. Last year it needed a new pump as it was leaking 2 weeks ago we needed an expansion vessel as it had failed now I'm getting F75 and boiler cutting out, boiler engineer is coming to replace pressure sensor this week. I thought Vaillant were reliable or is this usual from a 8 year old boiler, should I keep repairing or replace with a Worcester Bosch cdi, would it be more reliable

Tally

Sponsored Links
8 years is about the time things need a looking at or replacing.

Wooshitter Botch are pants compared to a Bunny.

F75 errors AND a new Expansion vessel would indicate poor installation or morel likely maintenance.

There is an upgrade kit for the F75 error should you have crunchy hose syndrome, which I admit was a shyte design, but after 8 years....?

PS - I post from a fairly neutral perspective and Bunnies are only 3rd on my list of recommendations.

With Woofter Botch languishing in the "if I really have to" positions.

its been serviced every year, as far no crunchy hose, does the system need draining to change pressure sensor. What would you put in if you installed a new one.

Sponsored Links
Intergas and Atag are my favourites. the 615 is probably the Bunny I like the most.

You don't have to drain the whole system to change the pressure sensor.

Having someone look at your boiler once a year doesn't mean it has been serviced.

How many burner door seals have you had fitted?

There's a big difference between its been serviced every year and it's been serviced correctly every year.

Yes, at least every five years although personally I think that's too long to leave it and do them every two years

Yup. If there not even doing the bare minimum essential saftey procedures on it then what's the chance they know how to properly check the expansion vessell and pressure sensor, how much are they likley to know about the boiler.

Get a proper rgi in with expirience and preferably training on the boiler.

These are great little boiler, of course being 8 years old it will require some degree of maintenance, especially since there's been a couple of upgrades released for it and the lack of any actual correct servicing. Fix it, keep it, and get someone to look after it properly

Very often the cheapest is not the best.

Just like I was saying the other day in the CC about the industry not enforcing properly against the dregs.

Most customers (not necessarily the OP here) would think a company telling them they needed £30 of parts that another company didn't mention, would just go with he cheapest thinking the other was taking the pish.

Then all is well for a couple of years and boom, big repair bill.

Who's the bad guy trough? :evil:

most of the services have been done by the installers. They couldn't fit me in one year when I wanted so I had a vaillant installer off the web site do it and they didn't change burner seal,its due this April I will tell next service ebg to replace it. What do Vaillant charge for a service ?

Lord knows what Vaillant charge.

I would suggest a reputable local independent. If you go to Vaillant you will end up in the clutches of Homeserve which I would reserve only for my worst enemies.

Replacing the seal is part of a periodic full service. Personally I do it every 3 to 5 years depending on the type of life the boiler has. But then I am used to retaining happy customers.

also didn't go for cheapest I went for quality ( cos I had had glow-worm) and at the time got 4 quotes , 2 didn't want work so quoted 6k plus approx. to fit and supply , one quoted 2k
I went for 3200 supply and fit and recommended with good reputation.

any recommendations of a service engineer in Sheffield that knows Vaillant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back