Troubleshooting Worcester Greenstar 32CDi No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All!

Thanks for anyone's thoughts on this!

I thought I would quickly put my boiler trouble on this wonderful forum to see if anyone wants to offer there thoughts.

Our Worcester Greenstar 32CDi Compact Boiler has no hot water.

However, the pre-heat water function DOES heat the water. This means we get about 20 seconds of hot.

The boiler DOES NOT fire when drawing hot water.
The Blue light is OFF.
The Central Heating System DOES work

I have run three of the boiler 'tests' and these seem to be working: Igniter Test, Fan Test, Pump Test.

Diverter Valve? Flow sensor/regulator?

Thanks thanks thanks for any thoughts!

Sponsored Links
Sorry, that’s a case off job. Give your local RGI a call, shouldn’t be too difficult for them to resolve but not likely to fix itself.

Probably flow sensor and your boiler has a drop down service panel so no need to take the cover off.

Sponsored Links
Well, the heating engineer found the problem! Wire had been chewed by...something...
He replaced the wires and the hot water is back on. Now we need to figure out how a...something...(probably a mouse?) got into the boiler! The house is very sealed. New windows and doors. The only way in would be through the boiler flue via the bamboo planter (now moved).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back