Troublesome PIR sensor on outside light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have outdoor lights which work fine, but need to be manually turned on and off, so I added a PIR sensor from screwfix. I followed all the wiring instructions, and turned the light back on, and flicked the on switch. The lights come on, but do not turn off.

In the instructions, it says that the unit will go through a one to two minute testing phase before turning off automatically.

I am clearly doing something wrong, but I am asking if this error sounds familiar, and if anyone could suggest something to test and see if that works!

(I took the first PIR back, thinking it was faulty!)

Sponsored Links
I have outdoor lights which work fine, but need to be manually turned on and off, so I added a PIR sensor from screwfix. I followed all the wiring instructions, and turned the light back on, and flicked the on switch. The lights come on, but do not turn off.
That is quite confusing. However...

Have you supplied a permanent live and switched live to the pir?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back