Trowel for min 6mm bed attching Marmox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to start fixing marmox boards to thermalite blocks. I will prime the walls first with Mapei primer as they are quite absorbent.

The marmox instructions say to lay a minimum 6mm bed of SPF adhesive using a notched trowel.

Apologies if this sounds stupid, but i've not done this before :oops:, what size trowel would the pros use to achieve this? Does a 6mm notch trowel leave a 6mm bed, a 10mm notch leabe a 10 mm bed etc?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you read the instructions it says to apply a 6mm coat then comb out with AN 8x8 NOTCH TROWEL

Jason

If you read the instructions it says to apply a 6mm coat then comb out with AN 8x8 NOTCH TROWEL

Jason

Not in the ones they gave me it didn't... The booklet said "Using a notched trowel, apply a bed of flexible tile adhesive (minimum of 6mm) to the wall. That's it.

But thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Edit, Just seen the instructions on their web site, should have looked there as well. :oops: They could have duplicated them in the leaflet they give to the tile shop.. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back