Trumps Lackeys found guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"Donald Trump: 'worst hour' for president as Manafort and Cohen guilty

Former campaign chairman’s conviction and ex-lawyer’s plea deliver double blow as president faces legal jeopardy"

"Donald Trump has suffered a huge double blow after one of his former associates pleaded guilty and another was convicted of financial crimes, potentially leaving the president himself in legal jeopardy.

Michael Cohen, his longtime lawyer and “fixer”,
pleaded guilty to eight charges including campaign finance violations and directly implicated Trump in paying “hush money” to women with whom he allegedly had affairs.

Just minutes earlier, Paul Manafort, the president’s former campaign chairman,
was convicted on eight charges of bank and tax fraud. The dual courtroom dramas set up a moment of rare peril for the president.

“This is the worst hour of Trump’s entire presidency – no, make that entire life,” tweeted Norman Eisen, a former special counsel to President Barack Obama for ethics and government reform.

The outcomes also raised grave questions about Trump’s judgment. Since his election, his national security adviser, personal lawyer, campaign chairman, deputy campaign manager and a foreign policy aide have all admitted or been convicted of crimes."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...rump-after-convictions-for-manafort-and-cohen

Perhaps he will use the Inverted Nuremburg defence "I was only giving orders."

Sponsored Links
Perhaps he will use the Inverted Nuremburg defence "I was only giving orders."
He doesn't have to. He doesn't care.

"In any case, Mr Trump is unlikely to face criminal charges as long as he remains president, legal experts say.
What is conceivable is that he could be sacked by Congress under the US constitution's provision for impeaching a president over "high crimes and misdemeanours".
For that to happen, Mr Trump's opponents in the Democratic Party would have to win control of both houses."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45270339

Nothing really to do with Trump,the crimes committed by his advisor Manafort were not connected to Trump or the Trump campaign.
Trumps Lawyer Cohen is probably telling the truth but it is still his word against Trumps.
The original investigation was supposed to be into Russian collusion, they obviously didn't find any.

Sponsored Links
Nothing really to do with Trump,the crimes committed by his advisor Manafort were not connected to Trump or the Trump campaign.
Trumps Lawyer Cohen is probably telling the truth but it is still his word against Trumps.
The original investigation was supposed to be into Russian collusion, they obviously didn't find any.

Obviously you didn't read the remit that was given to Mueller. He could take the investigation in any direction if a crime or crimes were committed. If you are investigating one area and you find evidence of crimes in something not related - you don't just say well I can't look into those.

The original investigation is still ongoing. But Trump won't be indicted because it's the conventional wisdom not to indict a sitting president as it sends the wrong signal. He might get deposed in the Stormy Daniels civil case.

In the end impeachment is a political issue. As long as the Republicans control both houses - Trump is safe.

Obviously you didn't read the remit that was given to Mueller. He could take the investigation in any direction if a crime or crimes were committed. If you are investigating one area and you find evidence of crimes in something not related - you don't just say well I can't look into those.

The original investigation is still ongoing. But Trump won't be indicted because it's the conventional wisdom not to indict a sitting president as it sends the wrong signal. He might get deposed in the Stormy Daniels civil case.

In the end impeachment is a political issue. As long as the Republicans control both houses - Trump is safe.

Why on earth would you think that anyone on this forum would read anything? You lot just make it up as you go along. Bit like Trumpy really.

The original remit of the investigation was to look for evidence of Russian collusion with Trump and his campaign team in the American election ,the conviction of Manafort has no relevance as the crimes were committed before Manafort joined the Trump team.
The Problem for Trump was that he wasn't supposed to win the election, The Republican party elite regarded him as a liability with no chance of winning, as such, experienced professionals who knew how the White House worked wouldn't work for him, which meant he had to rely on amateurs and chancers for advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
... click on the link to the uploaded letter written by Rosenstein which you can also find a copy on other websites.

Rosenstein o_O who's he ? never heard of the bloke o_O They were talking about this caper on the Radio tonight . Un-likely Trump will be impeached ?

Tis all a mountain out of a mole hill imo

... on the link to the uploaded letter written by Rosenstein which you can also find a copy on other websites.

I've read the letter. That wasn't what I was addressing. I was addressing the point about bias and found it humorous that you would use a biased news source as one for your own arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back