Trustworthy Google

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"Google tracks users who turn off location history"

"The study, verified by researchers at Princeton University, has angered US law-makers.
Google said in response that it provides clear descriptions of its tools and how to turn them off.
The study found that users' whereabouts are recorded even when location history has been disabled."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45183041

"To illustrate the effect of these location markers, AP created a visual map showing the movements of Princeton researcher Gunes Acar who was using an Android phone with location history turned off.

The map showed his train commute around New York as well as visits to The High Line park, Chelsea Market, Hell's Kitchen, Central Park and Harlem. It also revealed his home address.

To stop Google saving these location markers, users have to turn off another setting called Web and App Activity, which is enabled by default and which does not mention location data. "

Let me repeat
"Google said in response that it provides clear descriptions of its tools and how to turn them off."

Is that true?

Sponsored Links
Although it's extremely difficult you can wipe Google from a phone completely i.e you don't HAVE to use a Google account to use internet on your phone or internet. The trouble is that phones come stuffed with Google software already installed and it's a nightmare to get off. Eventually though there will be a kick back, in the mean time the majority of people seem happy for Google to mine their data day in and day out. Maybe the day will come, maybe it won't.

YouTube recently banned Alex Jones (right wing political commentator and agitator) from both Google and Google owned YouTube. You'll be pleased about that as he's right wing, the trouble is that the left wingers happy to see him go don't realise that it will be them next, and anyone that falls short of the corporate/deep state narrative.

There is no free speech with caveats. There's either free speech or there isn't.

I thought google got fined recently by the horrible EU for the fact that google were forcing phones to be sold with google apps pre loaded.

I thought google got fined recently by the horrible EU for the fact that google were forcing phones to be sold with google apps pre loaded.

Hasn't made a difference if true. There is no credible competition to google right now. You can get away from it's shadow if you are tech-savvy enough, but most people aren't.

Sponsored Links
Everybody is tracking everyone else these days. Your bank, your supermarket, Apple, Google etc.
I guess it has its uses.

Sponsored Links
Back