Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So spot on...

‘My’ truth about Meghan and Harry
From magazine issue: 13 March 2021
Rod-Getty.jpg

Getty Images
Caroline Rose Giuliani, the daughter of the former mayor of New York, Rudy, has been talking to the press about one of her hobbies. Apparently she likes nothing more than playing the role of a ‘unicorn’ — the third partner in a sexual liaison. She explained: ‘Finding the strength to explore these more complicated, passionate aspects of my personality became the key to harnessing my voice and creative spark, which in turn helped me better cope with depression, anxiety, and the lingering cognitive effects of adolescent anorexia.’ This is a fascinating approach to curing eating disorders, I think. Caroline’s dad, if you remember, is unable to tuck his shirt into his trousers without lying down on a bed and obtaining assistance from a young lady. They are a very interesting family.

Incidentally, I had often wondered why the Scottish national animal is a unicorn, seeing as it has even less basis in reality than their aspirations for an independent currency. But having learned via Caroline the other meaning of the word, and watched the various SNP scandals unfold, I now understand. They are all at it like knives, up there — every hour that God sends.

Reading Caroline’s explanation for why she likes to go out shagging strangers, you are immediately beckoned into the modern American psyche. Such epic, almost heroic, self-obsession and narcissism, plus pretentiousness and a healthy side order of acquired victimhood. And the overriding message: I will do what I want and you will not judge me. Au contraire, Caroline — over here, in the UK, we will, because we’re like that and come at the story from a different perspective.

The USA is the least communalistic and most individualistic nation of any on Earth. It is written into their Declaration of Independence that an individual’s right to the pursuit of happiness trumps, if I can use the word, every other consideration. It is all a little alien to us over here, which is one reason why we tend to find Meghan Markle a repulsive creature. What the ghastly Oprah Winfrey and indeed Hillary Clinton do not understand is that if there was any resentment towards Meghan in the UK, it was not because she is of mixed race, but because she is American and behaves like a caricature of a particularly stupid American. The colour of her skin matters not a jot: it is the noisome ordure which spews out of her mouth on a daily basis that grates. Again, the narcissism and self-obsession and the acquired victimhood, the vapid and banal attempts at self-justification.

The American insistence on the primacy of the individual also explains Meghan’s different interpretation of two words which we, over here, think we understand clearly: ‘duty’ and ‘truth’. When her idiot husband was told he would not be getting back his honorary military ranks, the two of them (i.e. Meghan) released an emetic statement to the press suggesting that there were many ways one might perform one’s duties. No. Duty is something imposed and involves self-sacrifice, discipline and obedience. It does not mean doing what the hell you like, which is what the two of them have done. But if you are a country which doubts the validity of a communal ethos of ‘duty’, then Meghan’s standpoint is one you may well arrive at, especially if you are not terribly bright.

Similarly, Markle was asked about ‘her’ truth. People don’t have their own truth. There is truth and there is falsehood, and there’s an end to it. But once more, the native ideology devolves the concept of truth down to the individual level, regardless of whether it is truth at all. It is from America that we have imported the morally and rationally bereft progressive ideology that insists that if people feel they have been victimised, then they have been. And that everybody can be whatever they want to be, regardless of the facts. Elevate the individual — beyond reason, beyond government, beyond God — and this is what you get: a D-list sleb who married well thinking she has been victimised and is in possession of a ‘truth’ which runs counter to the truth.

The cultural divide broadens still further when we consider Oprah Winfrey, one of America’s greatest mysteries. But boy, does she have hauteur and dominion. It is very difficult for us to understand why the Yanks so revere the woman. She is an appalling interviewer, seemingly utterly incurious, every question submitted for approval and the answers rehearsed over and over again. Ill-informed, incapable of asking an interesting question, always slightly more regal than whoever it is she is interviewing. There is no intellect on display, just a perpetual desire to paddle about in the shallows, or indeed barely skim the surface, of the subjects before her. But then she subscribes to the same inane ideology — that Meghan Markle has a truth that is equally valid to the truth, and who is she to question that validity? Anti-journalism. It was rumoured she might one day run for office. I think she’d be perfect for the east and west coast voters, a conduit of witless acceptance of every meaningless liberal shibboleth to which those deluded people subscribe.

So — who asked about Archie’s skin colour, then? Not naming the supposed miscreant was another act of self-indulgence and cowardice from Meghan and Harry. Besmirch the entire royal family by not providing a name. My suspicion is that most of the royals were just anxious to know if Archie was going to be a ginger. That’s ‘my’ truth, and I’m sticking to it. Please, America — do one thing for your old ally. Shepherd these two grasping halfwits into total obscurity.

Rod_L.png

WRITTEN BY
Rod Liddle

Sponsored Links

Similarly, Markle was asked about ‘her’ truth. People don’t have their own truth. There is truth and there is falsehood, and there’s an end to it.

that Meghan Markle has a truth that is equally valid to the truth, and who is she to question that validity?

Please, America — do one thing for your old ally. Shepherd these two grasping halfwits into total obscurity.​

WRITTEN BY
Rod Liddle
Their truth is equally valid as your 'truth'.
His bile and spite is evident: "we tend to find Meghan Markle a repulsive creature"

But then Liddle Rod is a journalist, one of the group that have been vilified, not just by Harry and Meghan, so it's no wonder that his truth differs from theirs.

But I did like his description of Rudy:
"Caroline’s dad, if you remember, is unable to tuck his shirt into his trousers without lying down on a bed and obtaining assistance from a young lady."

Wrong.

Their belief is equally valid as your belief would be accurate.

I believe the Earth is 'round', others believe it to be flat.

It is true that the Earth is round, it is not true that it is flat.

See?
I was using Rod Liddles words. His truth is no more accurate, no more factual, than Meghan Markle's truth.

Sponsored Links
Can’t we get a court injunction preventing her from getting involved in anything to do with our country. She left due to press intrusion.
Why won’t she leave us alone!!

Did he? (Btw, not doubting. ) Genuinely, how/when did he? I quite like him but if he has done that, I’ll change my opinion of him.

BOBBY DAZZLER QUOTE
"He claims to be ignoring me, but is obsessed with me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:"""

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/eu-being-spiteful-again.566906/page-10#ixzz6pOa1DWN0
I have never ignored you Dangler...You will never learn anything if i do not put you in the corner with the dunces hat on, daily.Did you beat your wife? Is that why you are alone?
Haven't you learnt how to user the quote function yet? :ROFLMAO:

The answer is NO!. I didn't beat my wife. :LOL:

You haven't got the hang of this basing questions on false premises yet either. :ROFLMAO:
Are you still beating your wife?

So spot on...

‘My’ truth about Meghan and Harry
From magazine issue: 13 March 2021
Rod-Getty.jpg

Getty Images
Caroline Rose Giuliani, the daughter of the former mayor of New York, Rudy, has been talking to the press about one of her hobbies. Apparently she likes nothing more than playing the role of a ‘unicorn’ — the third partner in a sexual liaison. She explained: ‘Finding the strength to explore these more complicated, passionate aspects of my personality became the key to harnessing my voice and creative spark, which in turn helped me better cope with depression, anxiety, and the lingering cognitive effects of adolescent anorexia.’ This is a fascinating approach to curing eating disorders, I think. Caroline’s dad, if you remember, is unable to tuck his shirt into his trousers without lying down on a bed and obtaining assistance from a young lady. They are a very interesting family.

Incidentally, I had often wondered why the Scottish national animal is a unicorn, seeing as it has even less basis in reality than their aspirations for an independent currency. But having learned via Caroline the other meaning of the word, and watched the various SNP scandals unfold, I now understand. They are all at it like knives, up there — every hour that God sends.

Reading Caroline’s explanation for why she likes to go out shagging strangers, you are immediately beckoned into the modern American psyche. Such epic, almost heroic, self-obsession and narcissism, plus pretentiousness and a healthy side order of acquired victimhood. And the overriding message: I will do what I want and you will not judge me. Au contraire, Caroline — over here, in the UK, we will, because we’re like that and come at the story from a different perspective.

The USA is the least communalistic and most individualistic nation of any on Earth. It is written into their Declaration of Independence that an individual’s right to the pursuit of happiness trumps, if I can use the word, every other consideration. It is all a little alien to us over here, which is one reason why we tend to find Meghan Markle a repulsive creature. What the ghastly Oprah Winfrey and indeed Hillary Clinton do not understand is that if there was any resentment towards Meghan in the UK, it was not because she is of mixed race, but because she is American and behaves like a caricature of a particularly stupid American. The colour of her skin matters not a jot: it is the noisome ordure which spews out of her mouth on a daily basis that grates. Again, the narcissism and self-obsession and the acquired victimhood, the vapid and banal attempts at self-justification.

The American insistence on the primacy of the individual also explains Meghan’s different interpretation of two words which we, over here, think we understand clearly: ‘duty’ and ‘truth’. When her idiot husband was told he would not be getting back his honorary military ranks, the two of them (i.e. Meghan) released an emetic statement to the press suggesting that there were many ways one might perform one’s duties. No. Duty is something imposed and involves self-sacrifice, discipline and obedience. It does not mean doing what the hell you like, which is what the two of them have done. But if you are a country which doubts the validity of a communal ethos of ‘duty’, then Meghan’s standpoint is one you may well arrive at, especially if you are not terribly bright.

Similarly, Markle was asked about ‘her’ truth. People don’t have their own truth. There is truth and there is falsehood, and there’s an end to it. But once more, the native ideology devolves the concept of truth down to the individual level, regardless of whether it is truth at all. It is from America that we have imported the morally and rationally bereft progressive ideology that insists that if people feel they have been victimised, then they have been. And that everybody can be whatever they want to be, regardless of the facts. Elevate the individual — beyond reason, beyond government, beyond God — and this is what you get: a D-list sleb who married well thinking she has been victimised and is in possession of a ‘truth’ which runs counter to the truth.

The cultural divide broadens still further when we consider Oprah Winfrey, one of America’s greatest mysteries. But boy, does she have hauteur and dominion. It is very difficult for us to understand why the Yanks so revere the woman. She is an appalling interviewer, seemingly utterly incurious, every question submitted for approval and the answers rehearsed over and over again. Ill-informed, incapable of asking an interesting question, always slightly more regal than whoever it is she is interviewing. There is no intellect on display, just a perpetual desire to paddle about in the shallows, or indeed barely skim the surface, of the subjects before her. But then she subscribes to the same inane ideology — that Meghan Markle has a truth that is equally valid to the truth, and who is she to question that validity? Anti-journalism. It was rumoured she might one day run for office. I think she’d be perfect for the east and west coast voters, a conduit of witless acceptance of every meaningless liberal shibboleth to which those deluded people subscribe.

So — who asked about Archie’s skin colour, then? Not naming the supposed miscreant was another act of self-indulgence and cowardice from Meghan and Harry. Besmirch the entire royal family by not providing a name. My suspicion is that most of the royals were just anxious to know if Archie was going to be a ginger. That’s ‘my’ truth, and I’m sticking to it. Please, America — do one thing for your old ally. Shepherd these two grasping halfwits into total obscurity.

Rod_L.png

WRITTEN BY
Rod Liddle

The problem with this is that the same Rod Little who denigrates individualism will defend free market capitalism and consumer individulism and then write about the collectivism of nationhood.

It seems that by using big words and flowery language he can spin an argument which at the core is just vacuous.

It's odd that so many are upset at Meghan "free speech" but very quiet when their own rights to "free speech" and protest are soon to be curtailed.

This phantom culture war has proven brilliant in distracting the public from the real issues.

As to truth,

The problem with this is that the same Rod Little who denigrates individualism will defend free market capitalism and consumer individulism and then write about the collectivism of nationhood.

It seems that by using big words and flowery language he can spin an argument which at the core is just vacuous.

It's odd that so many are upset at Meghan "free speech" but very quiet when their own rights to "free speech" and protest are soon to be curtailed.

This phantom culture war has proven brilliant in distracting the public from the real issues.

As to truth,

Sure but you're just towing the same line as cancel culture does. Like Sharon Osborne, she defends Morgans right to express his opinion also and is instead discredited as a 'racist by association' (WTF?) and then historical quotes dug up to back this notion. How fcked up, it was never about race or colour it was about his right to express opinion, i concur with him, i guess im a racist too. OR am i a peado for supporting this article i posted. Maybe both now? Its hysterical stuff.

And going back to the original article:

"But once more, the native ideology devolves the concept of truth down to the individual level, regardless of whether it is truth at all. It is from America that we have imported the morally and rationally bereft progressive ideology that insists that if people feel they have been victimised, then they have been. And that everybody can be whatever they want to be, regardless of the facts. Elevate the individual — beyond reason, beyond government, beyond God — and this is what you get: a D-list sleb who married well thinking she has been victimised and is in possession of a ‘truth’ which runs counter to the truth."

There lies the rub a point very well made imho.

Can’t we get a court injunction preventing her from getting involved in anything to do with our country. She left due to press intrusion.
Why won’t she leave us alone!!

Can't we get an injunction against the tabloid press constantly running this country into the ground?

The tabloids created this "problem". The solution is very simple.

Sponsored Links
Back