TRV compression tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a few of these

http://www.screwfix.com/p/15mm-angled-trv-chrome-white/60368

They seem pretty good for the money but I had to use the tails that came with them as they use a compression fitting rather than a more usual screw fitting.

I've used 2 on rads that I had drained and removed anyway but want to make it easier for the remaining ones by using TRVs that screw on like most other valves.

I've assumed that such TRVs exists, is that correct or do they tend to use the compression fittings?

Also the tails on these ones don't use an allen key, you use a spanner which can be a bit tight by the time you've screwed it in and also tighted the compression nut, still seemed a bit loose but doesn't leak.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
All the current TRVs that I know use the compression tail fitting.

Thats good because it gives about 10 mm of adjustment of the spacing distance.

I dont see why you would want to use anything else!

Tony

Just thought it would be easier than faffing around taking the existing tails out and also if I needed to take the rads off in future without risk of damaging the olive. Will stick with these then.
Thanks

The olive is not at risk.

It stays on the tail with the nut!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The olive is not at risk.

It stays on the tail with the nut!

Tony

Just thought it would be easier than faffing around taking the existing tails out and also if I needed to take the rads off in fch uture without risk of damaging the olive. Will stick with these then.
Thanks

That approach is a sign of a bodger, I'm afraid

Just thought it would be easier than faffing around taking the existing tails out and also if I needed to take the rads off in fch uture without risk of damaging the olive. Will stick with these then.
Thanks

That approach is a sign of a bodger, I'm afraid
Cheers for that am sure you must be right, I've got 5 trvs to fit and a million other jobs on the list

If its worth doing then its worth doing well!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back