TRV Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know thermostatic radiator valves are customarily on the radiator inflow side, but is there a good reason for this, or could one equally well go on the outflow side ?

Sponsored Links
It would have to be a bi-directional valve (most are nowadays) or they can make a right din.

Thanks gigz, I've seen valves described as 2-way but I didn't know what it meant. I thought perhaps it was because the connectors allowed the valve to be fitted horizontally or vertically. Incidentally I don't really see how a vertical TRV can work properly as it has a hot pipe just underneath it ! Any thoughts on this ?

I know a few plumbers wont fit them vertically for that reason, but in my (humble) opinion i dont think it makes a big difference, i always ask the tennant /homeowner which way they want them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back