TRV vs Room stat

True Ben.

I just wonder when he sticks to 'core' documents only and does not deem to refer to the references that are clearly advised to, what he does in the case of the GS(I&U)Regs when it refers only to 'an appropriate fitting'

How does the troll know what this 'appropriate fitting' is???? Guesswork???
The answer is simple: he doesn't unless he can google it. He has shown on more than 1 occasion that he falls flat on his face whenever the answer to a question is a handson solution that you don't learn in the schoolbanks, and therefore can not google it; just like every other troll that has ever posted here.

Sponsored Links
AN approved document.... not JUST THAT ONE.... WALLY

there are Parts A - P you know..... in these there are other ways of adhering to them...

Tell me then mouth, how you plan to adopt a particular solution to the statement

"the installation of an appliance with an efficiency
- not less than recommended for its type in the Domestic Heating Compliance Guide" - Controlled Services 35

So, you need to refer to that document to see what is recommended.... oh wait... it says you need a room stat.... drat.....

So, I ask you, how do you

adopt any particular
solution contained in an Approved Document if
you prefer to meet the requirement in
some other way.

What alternatives are there???

Im still waiting for your answer pal...

there are Parts A - P you know..... in these there are other ways of adhering to them...

Tell me then mouth, how you plan to adopt a particular solution to the statement

- not less than recommended for its type in the Domestic Heating Compliance Guide" - Controlled Services 35

So, you need to refer to that document to see what is recommended.... oh wait... it says you need a room stat.... drat.....

Quote:
adopt any particular
some other way.

Work must be slow up Bury Lane eh :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Im still waiting for your answer pal.
I'm not your pal, and I'm certainly not someone from whom you can demand technical information when you're failed so miserably and persistently to answer my very simple and polite question.

If you don't have the imagination, experience or expertise to produce your own solutions, then you're exactly the type of person for whom the Approved Documents were written, so I suggest that you embrace them for what they are - fake rules for the obedience of fools.

Suit yourself..... can't answer it can you?

I've already explained to you, but your limited intellect negates any chance of you following the logical route.

At least you admit they are 'rules'.... so must have some merit then eh. PAL....

Demand technical information from you?????? Dont make me laugh!!!
That'd be like Hitler demanding Kosher pork....

You only thing technical about you, is your ineptitude.

Sad sad sad man.... and if you're a gas engineer, see you in the next HSE bulletin...

... and I'm certainly not someone from whom you can demand technical information ....
Apart from the fact that troll used the word "demand" instead of the correct one, being "expect", the statement is correct.
But as always, he missed the crucial bit.

adopt any particular
some other way.

Oh Oh! Mr Dave, I know, I know....... Goldie does't know ho, Goldie doesn't know ho....... :LOL:

By the way Goldie, you can keep the ex..... I expect that everything you know about women, you have learned by doing a Google search....

Just remember the magic phrase for when the dole office make you get a job and you'll go far..... "Would you like fries with that?"...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

He's just on repeat as he can't answer nor follow simple words..
Seems oblivious to his comment about me apparently thinking ADL was part of the building regs system, despite the picture.

If he's an engineer, I'm a banana juggling french poet.

...me apparently thinking ADL was part of the building regs system, despite the picture.
This thing that you call "the building regs system" doesn't exist.

There are The Building Regulations, and there are Approved Documents. The latter are not, in any way, part of The Building Regulations, nor do they introduce any legal requirement, or any other kind of requirement. Everything within the ADs is entirely optional.

If anyone can refute that, and has the courage to do so politely and civilly, then please go ahead. Make your answer simple, or make it complicated - it really doesn't matter, because if you can't make it correct, then it's irrelevant.

...nor do they introduce any legal requirement, or any other kind of requirement...
Afaik, it is a requirement, by way of apd and/or documents referred to by the apd, to install a condensing boiler if a client would ask you to do so tomorrow.
Explain to me how you would go about installing a band d boiler legally in a normal 3 bed semi.

There are The Building Regulations, and there are Approved Documents. The latter are not, in any way, part of The Building Regulations,

View media item 15946
Yawn, getting old, read the title of the document....please explain to me how this has nothing to do with the building regs despite its name appearing on the document.... Please I'm all ears.....

If you can do that, i'll be quiet.... problem is you see, you wont be able to... you can come up with whatever contrived nonsense you want but the fact remains this document is clearly titled as the building regulations at the top.....

If the ADL has nothing to do with the building regs, why does it carry the name?????

'System' was a turn of phrase and I am not going to start discussing semantics with you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back