TRVs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if all TRV's are turned off on all rads in a house, will this automatically turn off the central heating? or will the central heating only turn off when the programmer /room stat tells it to do so?

Sponsored Links
if all TRV's are turned off on all rads in a house, will this automatically turn off the central heating?
NO

However there are some boilers which have a flow measuring device which will shut the boiler down when all TRVs have closed.

will the central heating only turn off when the programmer /room stat tells it to do so?
YES

This is much the better way of controlling the boiler, even if it does have flow control.

i thought so. i don't knw about boilers but i know that a bypass circuit and automatic bypass valve can be fitted to allow the water to circulate if all trv's are shut down or for if you have a pump overrun. i know a lot of boilers nowadays have an integral bypass built in though.

Sponsored Links
... i know that a bypass circuit and automatic bypass valve can be fitted to allow the water to circulate if all trv's are shut down or for if you have a pump overrun.
The real purpose of a bypass and ABV is to counter the increased pressure, and consequent reduction in flow, as TRVs shut down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back