Trying out a 'smart' thermostat...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

we have underfloor heating (water) in our house with a thermostat in each room. As it's an absolute pain to go round programming all of them, I've ordered a smart thermostat to try it out - if it works well I'll replace all of them. I was careful to order a thermostat for underfloor 'water' and not electric although as far as I can tell the difference is in the load the thermostat can drive, 5A water vs 16A electric.

Our current thermostats (generic Chinese branded 'Wunda', model w91.713) have the connections shown on the first photo. Basically power (N,L) + signal L1 closing the circuit to N1.

The new 'smart' thermostat has a different symbol (looks like a motor or valve) with 'open' & 'close' terminals. I suspect that all it does is to close a circuit (N) to either Open or Close and drive a load when under / over the temp threshold. My theory is that if I treat 'Close' as L1 I should be ok? Could anyone confirm if that's the case?

thank you!

IMG_7706.jpeg IMG_7707.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back