Trying Their Best To Finish Off Pubs

I'm a smoker, have been since the age of 14, and I agree with the indoors ban.
But to try and ban it outdoors is just ludicrous. As has been said, yes there's no safe limit, but is there really a safe limit for alcohol?
Some people can drink pints and pints of ale, others half a bottle of spirits and others a bottle or two of decent wine and it doesn't 'seem' to affect them. Health wise it probably is but violence wise they don't show any tendencies towards this behavior. On the other hand, you can get a lot of people who will turn aggressive at the mere sniff of a barmaids apron! Their drinking has an effect on others, a drink driver can have devastating effects on a number of people, both directly and indirectly. When a new restaurant/pub is being built one of the first things to be done is lay the car park out!
Yes, smoking is a dirty habit. It does do you harm, it does make your clothes smell, it does turn your paintwork yellow if you smoke indoors and people can die of passive smoking. Smokers don't deny any of this. However, it's been proved that passive smoking outdoors does not exist unless people are standing within a number of people who are smoking, for a considerable time each day, and where there is no air movement. If there is a slight breeze blowing it will quickly dissipate any smoke and people passing by will not suffer any effects. They are much more likely to inhale more noxious fumes from passing traffic even with the Clean Air Act in place.
When they banned smoking indoors the Inland Revenue saw a massive drop in taxes to their coffers. This was rectified by simply increasing the cost of tobacco products. The same drop will happen if the stop people going to what few pubs there are by banning smoking outside. Sorry, but you can't have your cake and eat it when it comes to wanting money from the electorate or trying to oppose a section of them by punishing a sizeable section of them who consider it their right to find lawful pleasure the way they see fit.

Sponsored Links
Indeed it would.

And I think the way it is being done in public places is for once a good approach...

Bit by bit rather than an outright ban.

Blox. I totally agree with you. (y)

Nice to see the tolerant lefties of the forum in the thread.....

Im with Regan and conny, i think it's wrong, people should be allowed to choose whether they smoke or not. The government has already done plenty to reduce smoking.

Personally I enjoy a nice smoke when having a beer or three. I don't really enjoy drinking without it.

That said I don't smoke any other time. I'm one of the lucky ones where I can pick it up and drop it at the drop of a hat.

We need to stop becoming a nanny state.

Sponsored Links
Blimey I recall when u could smoke in a hospital ward

laying in a hospital bed in traction and you could not see the beds opposite due to the smoke haze

Yes, I also recall surgical masks had a small hole at the front so a surgeon could have a puff whilst performing operations, they probably only smoked during complicated procedures like transplants to steady the old nerves.

Nurse! Scalpel
Nurse! Swab
Nurse! Players Navy Cut, and light me babe.

Don't be so silly. The same reason we aren't about to ban shi££ing and toilets.

Smoke kills. Didn't you know?
So do cars and knives ,but not everyone will be killed by a car or a knife, the same as not everyone who smokes will die because of it. Smoking outside is highly unlikely to kill anyone except the one smoking.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/smoking-ban-outdoors-pubs-cafes-restaurants-councils-b938574.html

When will these fascists ever stop? As if pubs and restaurants haven't had it difficult enough, now they want to make sure the last few customers stop coming. What possible, legitimate reason can there be to stop people smoking outside? It's not about health, it's about control. Just like the scamdemic.

Smokers' freedoms today - but they'll be coming for your freedoms next. They won't stop, then they'll be trying to control or ban alcohol. Cars are already in their sights and travel is off limits. Any pleasures are theirs to ban. And the sheep will blindly vote for all of it. The sheep are the problem. They don't see the dangers. Will anyone wake up?

You peasants need to know your place in society to consume blindly and not question your benevolent overlords.

The public keep voting them in, and they keep screwing them over.

So do cars and knives ,but not everyone will be killed by a car or a knife,
They are not banning fags because you can take a 20 pack of Bensons and ram them down the throat of a selfish fisherman until he suffocates. No, they are banning them because they are foul smelling cancer giving detestable puke sticks that contaminate all in a 20 yard radius.

Teenagers, if a shopkeeper refuses to sell you cigarettes because you don't look old enough, take him to the nearest bus stop, when the bus comes ask the driver for a child's fare, when he says you don't look young enough, leave the pair of them to argue about it while you go back to the shop and steal the cigarettes.

I think we should ban masturbating while connected to the internet.

And on a plane. It was just a schitt then as it is now. Filthy stinking cancerous puke smelling pile of abhorrent stench-ness. And always will be.

I think we get the point Noseall

you dont like smoking :idea: and those that smoke

Sponsored Links
Back