the country is full of incoherent drunks in a Friday and Saturday night
Punch ups
Assaults
People lobbing up in the street or taking a slash in some ones door way

A& E staff assaulted ambulance staff assaulted
Police having to waste there time dealing with drunks

Then you have em all going abroad as ambassadors for the UK
With there boozed up behaviour

at least that is one benefit of this COVID caper they are not able to get out there that easily

Sponsored Links
How much violence is caused by people smoking fags ?

Friday and Saturday night A&E ;)

domestic violence

assaults

murders

all been caused by alcohol ;) and boozed up people

There will be heavy controls coming for booze too. The ones who are happy to ban freedoms for others seem blind to the fact that their freedoms are next. Control freaks in local/national government don't stop when all the sensible, common sense steps have been taken. They keep going to justify their pitiful existences.

And the sheep will blindly vote for all of it. The sheep are the problem.
Theyve been blindly voting for the wrong things for a while.

Good luck calling them sheep - calling the same people stupid for the same reasons gets heavily criticised here.

Will anyone wake up?
The probem is that if they do, they are then what is called "woke". Loads of people here dont like that either.

Sponsored Links
Other consumables, such as alcohol, cars, travel, pleasure, and anything else ReganandCarter might mention all have safe limits of consumption.
I wish Id bought more wine years ago and laid it down. It was obviously safer stuff then, if you looked on the back of the bottles you could drink more than what it says on bottles today.

Prohibition has NEVER worked. If you're happy to have things banned on your behalf then I'm happy for you, forgive me if I don't join you down at the happy clappy club.

If you wish to ban tobacco then tobacco will move into a market fed & dominated by unscrupulous dealers.

Is that what you want?

While I believe all politicians are liars, I don't conform to the belief that they are all stupid. They just lie a lot to stupid people.

I wish Id bought more wine years ago and laid it down. It was obviously safer stuff then, if you looked on the back of the bottles you could drink more than what it says on bottles today.

I got this idea from one of the only skool teachers who could capture my attention.

When each of my children were born I bought a case (at least) of that years Champagne. They have to survive for the next few years, in my experience that was pretty difficult.

That Champagne is then the 'toast' at their weddings.

I had to wipe a tear, but without any prompting each of 'em has their own cases of the stuff hidden.

If there is a slight breeze blowing it will quickly dissipate any smoke and people passing by will not suffer any effects.
Not sure that's always the case. There have been many occasions where I have been walking (or even in the car) and smelt tobacco smoke, but on looking round, could not see the source.
Another example, a driver 3 cars in front was smoking, I got it even though my windows were all closed.

Smokers often claim that smoking is not a filthy habit because their sense of smell is either diminished by the smoking or they have become inured to it.

A large part of the challenge with smoking is the smoke, sorry, kind of stating the obvious I know!

Let's say you're in a group that doesn't smoke and you sit down in a beer garden for a meal and a drink. A group sits at the table next to you and one or two of them smoke. Fine, it's outside so much of that smoke dissipates into the air. However, depending on how the air/wind is circulating, some of that smoke might (probably will) find its way directly into the faces of the non smoking group. They've not requested to have cigarette smoke in their faces but they've got it whether they like it or not.

It's amazing how far cigarette smoke can travel, even a small amount. For example the other day I was in nose to tail traffic with my windows down. Someone walked past smoking. They passed my car in just a few seconds. However quite a strong smell of cigarette smoke then permeated my car. I hadn't asked for it but I got it.

Yes other things can harm us e.g. a drinker might punch you in the face for no reason. However that sort of incident aside, someone drinking doesn't affect those directly around them. A smoker does.

That said I don't smoke any other time. I'm one of the lucky ones where I can pick it up and drop it at the drop of a hat.

I was one of the lucky ones too, in that respect - except I just didn't know it. I was a 20 to 30 a day man, never without my ciggies and lighter to hand and never tried stopping since the day at 16 when I started. I'd had odd ones before then and really enjoyed them. Both parents smoked, everyone at work smoked, why not - it was the thing to do. I first noticed the ban in pubs on a visit to Ireland, then in the UK, but it didn't bother me much, I rarely went in pubs anyway. What I found was I almost chain smoked when working on the PC and I decided it was an habitual thing, rather than an addiction - just something to do with my hands. Seven years ago, I decided to try to give up for the first time and just simply stopped, replacing the habit with vaping. I instantly broke the smoking habit, but the vaping has not become a new habit. I can take it or leave it, without it bothering me like cigarettes did.

Personally I've not been to pubs where those smoking haven't been courteous to others who aren't smoking.

Myself would always blow the smoke in a direction it wouldn't affect others unless, and if I was surrounded by non smokers I would either asking it's ok to spark up, or I would move away for the time it takes me to finish my fag.

I do however agree that this isn't always the norm. Depending what pub and in what area one frequents.

What I found was I almost chain smoked when working on the PC and I decided it was an habitual thing, rather than an addiction - just something to do with my hands. Seven years ago, I decided to try to give up for the first time and just simply stopped, replacing the habit with vaping. I instantly broke the smoking habit, but the vaping has not become a new habit. I can take it or leave it, without it bothering me like cigarettes did.
You are an addict the same as any other nicotine addict. You simply replaced one way of getting nicotine into your body with another.
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back