Trying to find a particular mortice lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to find a new lock to replace this one. I wonder if anyone could
identify the manufacturer and/or a suitable replacement. I wish to replace it with minimum of woodwork so the keyhole should be in the same alignment if possible

The main body is 76cm high and 60cm deep approx

Hope someone can help

Sponsored Links
Are you certain that your measurements are correct?
The popular sizes these days are 64mm and 76mm - which is from the outside of the lock to the centre line of the key hole.
John :)

Are you certain that your measurements are correct?
The popular sizes these days are 64mm and 76mm - which is from the outside of the lock to the centre line of the key hole.
Are you sure about that, I just checked a lock site and it stated all case sizes as 64mm, not to keyhole, which would match the lock poster has asked about?

No, I'm not certain at all - the 60mm from outside to key hole centre used to be quite common, but I've never come across one that was 60mm inclusive.

Sponsored Links
Clearly I'm totally mistaken here :oops: been under the wrong impression about mortice lock sizes for years, clearly. :rolleyes:
Thanks for pointing that out ;)

Poster said approx 60mm so I assumed that did not include front plate [about 4mm].

If the lock is on an external door, then it needs replacing with a BS rated model to meet insurance standards. This is likely to require some minor woodworking. The keep (the part that fits into the door frame) will also need changing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back