Trying to find a similar or same fitting for the waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Leak coming from the yellow circled on the picture. It seems too big and it doesn’t secure fully causing water to seep through.

What could I get to replace it ?
it’s not your normal
Basin fitting

Attachments

• IMG_6003.jpeg
    IMG_6003.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
Seal may have gone or it's not tight enough. You do get universal wastes like that that where there is a larger lip below to fit different designs of sink.

1st thing would be to take it all off and check the seal. If it isn't too bad then a good clean of all surfaces and then a smidging of silicone and tighten it all back up again may sort it out for you.

Reactions: CBW
Seal may have gone or it's not tight enough. You do get universal wastes like that that where there is a larger lip below to fit different designs of sink.

1st thing would be to take it all off and check the seal. If it isn't too bad then a good clean of all surfaces and then a smidging of silicone and tighten it all back up again may sort it out for you.
That seal is totally gone had a look.
Could I not get a normal basin waste like the one below and just replace it for that.

Attachments

• IMG_6071.png
    IMG_6071.png
    617.5 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links
I'd be very surprised if the seal has just 'gone', they don't tend to just disappear like that but no reason you couldn't just use a standard 32mm basin waste I wouldn't think, as in your pic. If it has an overflow then it's a slotted waste, no overflow then no slot.

I'd be very surprised if the seal has just 'gone', they don't tend to just disappear like that but no reason you couldn't just use a standard 32mm basin waste I wouldn't think, as in your pic. If it has an overflow then it's a slotted waste, no overflow then no slot.
Yeah I meant it deteriorated I’ll just get a 32mm basin un slotted waste that should do that job isn’t it
Comes with new washers and sealing nut

Attachments

• IMG_6011.jpeg
    IMG_6011.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 17
You have an overflow on the basin so it needs to be a 32mm slotted waste. When you install it make sure the slot in the waste lines up with the overflow channel in the throat of the basin outlet.

Cheers mate I’ll pick that up tomorrow and sort that out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back