trying to get my third wind...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so today started at 10am, when I got out of bed and started again on the kitchen..
I was tiling from 10am untill 2pm, when I ran out of adhesive.. and with 9 tiles left to do ( and all cut or cut out ones too :evil: ), I went out on a search for somewhere still open..
I eventually ended up at wickes and bought a 2.5KG tub of ready mix and a tube of decorators caulk.
it was 3:30pm ish when I got home and I went back to work doing the last few tiles.. ( grouting can wait untill saturday now.. )
at 5pm ish, I stopped and wrapped my few meagre christmas pressies for the nephews etc and wrote the cards for the rest of the family.
I then went out and got my tea from the chippie and sat down to eat it with a nice cuppa.

At 6:30 ish I dragged my bum off the sofa and started fitting the skirting in the kitchen which I finished and caulked about 10 mins ago..

so now I'm having a cuppa while the caulk dries and trying to gather the enthusiasm to grab a paint brush and paint the skirting and then possibly the walls

Sponsored Links
Coljack,
you have my sympathies mate.
This is the first Chritmas Eve in 13 years when I haven't been decorating.
Its always been a mad rush to get it finished in time for Christmas Day and for what? Nobody notices because they are usually to sloshed to notice anyway.

Put the gear away and put your feet up with a couple of cans and wind down mate.
It will do till Boxing Day or the day after.
Relax and enjoy, we only get one life.

Merry Christmas. ;)

so now I'm having a cuppa while the caulk dries

Better have a few cans, you know, just to make sure everything is really dry :LOL:

This is outrageous....!!

What do you think this is? a DIY forum or something? :confused:

Where's the smut, or the politics, or the 'guess the films title' game!!

(only kidding of course... strong work!! get yourself a beer or two)

Sponsored Links
Trying to get your third wind?

I'm on my 60th....it's all down to the sprouts, mate!!!

Back