TT System to PME

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am at a loss, have spent the last 10 days trying to contact suppliers to install PME to our old TT system.

I'm just sooooo glad that they have made it simpler for the customer to obtain the services they require. So far have made approx 35 calls and was finally given the number of the first company i had called in the first place. Still don't know who to contact.

Any ideas would be helpfull. Pleeaassee :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Sponsored Links
Tell me who your REC is, and I'll try to find out - I relish this kind of situation.

I had the same prob trying to get a cut-out changed (the casing was cracked). The number I was given gave the response "I can change the cut-out fuse, but not the rest......"

I ended up going back to the REC, who then said. Hmmm, maybe it's us you need then. They don't even know who is responsible for what.

Which is not surprising, seeing as every little bit of the system is the responsibility of a different company.

Then, I had to ring another number to get a meter changed. NOW I've just got a letter telling me that because my meter has been in service for a certain period of time, it has to be changed.

That's fantastic service. My old meter was installed in 1961, and now the new one has only been in a month, they want to change it again!

No amount of telling them it HAS already been changed makes any difference. They are coming on the 19th (odd day) to change it. We'll see what happens when the guy opens the door to find a new digi meter staring him in the eyeballs.

Anyway, back to your problem, let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

Ah - the joys of a deregulated market. In the old days you had some financial clout, and you could have written to the chief exec of the REC and told him that you weren't going to pay any more bills until it was sorted.

Now the people you buy your electrons from are nothing to do with the DNO (Distribution Network Operator) who own the wires they arrive on.

The appropriate DNO chief exec is still the person to complain to.

If you get no joy with him, try Energywatch

The Supply is on the Powergen supply network, bills paid to Scottishpower, external installations contracted to EDF Energy. :eek:

Customer Service provided by :evil: :evil: :evil:

Edit: By the way I live in Braintree, Essex.

Sponsored Links
I blame Maggie. I'm beginning to like the Tories. They fulfill the role of Pantomime Villan rather nicely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back