TUBE DOME WINDOW FOR ROOF SHOULD I OR SHOULDN'T I ??????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever had one of those dome windows fitted on roof the ones where you cant have a velux and they a long tube on allowing light to areas that cant have a window fitted? I am debating wether or not to get one for my landing as I cant have a window fitted anywhere suitable but wondered if they let much light in. Would any recommended them or maybe NOT recommended.

Will look forward to any responses on this. Thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
doodar, new technical term? :LOL:

you obviously did not look at the "doodar" results very well. I just double checked and there are comments from people who have seen them (me) and people who have fitted one (not me)

No, I did read the site as I have also read all on Velux site but just wondered if any 'ordinary' people on this site had one fitted and are they truthfully worth the money. I am always wary of sites with 'customer comments' or the sellers own opinions and just wondered what the general public thought. Although I am also aware of any seller posting a reply on this site in the hope of promoting their product. I will wait and see.

as one of my posts said, mate has one, he was surpised i knew waht it was.

to me (and most people) it looks like a ceiling light

Nicetoseeyoutoseeyounice said:
I am also aware of any seller posting a reply on this site in the hope of promoting their product.

Not much point posting the original question then? :rolleyes: By the way, there are at least 7 posts on the first page of sunpipe doodar results with direct experience of having them installed.

Nicetoseeyoutoseeyounice said:
I'v already checked the doodar but has anyone ever fitted one or had one fitted and do they really work?

Yes, my mother had one fitted in a stairwell after I suggested it as an alternative to having a window put through the wall. Took a while before she got used to the idea she hadn't left the light on. It certainly does work.

oilman said:
Yes, my mother had one fitted in a stairwell after I suggested it as an alternative to having a window put through the wall. Took a while before she got used to the idea she hadn't left the light on. It certainly does work.

Do you work for Monodraught oilman? :D

seems expensive for a tin can (catering size) and a plastic dome

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back