Tumble Dryer issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have a hotpoint TVF770. It started making a screeching sound and on investigation I found the bearing had worn. Whilst repairing that I found that the heating element had disintegrated so ordered a new one.
I unplugged the power and other cable and replaced the element, but when I went to plug the power lead back in it wasnt clear where it went and which way around. it had a clip on it so I wrongly assumed it would only go in one way. So.... I plugged it in and BANG, fuse went and tripped the electric. Changed fuse and plugged it in the other way around and it started up ok but I then for a F10 error which apparently relates to the heating element. Also the tumble drier was cold so clearly not heating.
It wasnt easy to see where the power should plug into so this time i unscrewed that to get a better look and this time moved the plug over but again BANG!

Can anyone advise where this should plug in? I cant find photos or videos. I hope correcting this will fix the F10 error as the bearing replacement seemed to work ok.
Note it's not the 2 prongs on top, that is another power lead which i'm ok with. My one is one of the green circuit board prongs

View media item 102496View media item 102497View media item 102498View media item 102499View media item 102500

Sponsored Links
Can no one help? I can’t find anything online and will have to buy a new machine if not fixed tonight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back