Tumble dryer vent pipe material

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, fitting a vented dryer with approx a 4metre straight run to the outside wall. I was simply going to use some PVC 100mm tubing to keep it rigid and smooth to prevent the build up of lint inside. I've since learnt that PVC tubing causes static which can cause even worse build up of lint than normal.

Ideally, i was looking to use thin galvanised steel pipe, which is what is recommended in the US (they're pretty hot on the avoiding fires issue) but i cant seem to find any. Next best thing is the extending aluminium tube, but its full of ridges and dents easily.

Anyone used PVC and found any issues? or the galvanised (if i can find it)?

Sponsored Links
I would think that any non ribbed surface would be just fine......does the drier have any recommendations of how long the exhaust vent can be?
John :)

I think you are asking for problems in the future with a run that long. No matter what you use you will get a build up due to hot damp lint sticking to the walls of the pipe. How are you going to manage to clean out a pipe like that. I would resite the drier.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back