Tumble dryer alternative lock.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a Miele tumble dryer and I have been running out of luck to find a replaceable lock so I have resorted to keeping weights in front of it while in use which works well however some of the lint escapes.

I have had a genius idea of buying a child lock but that didn't seem to work…. Anyone got any cheap easy solutions, please (y)

thanks.

Attachments

• 59B2C79F-209E-473B-BC91-535B28F37D31.jpeg
    59B2C79F-209E-473B-BC91-535B28F37D31.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
what model dryer is it?

Also what exactly is wrong with the lock?

You could space it off. What about a magnetic catch?

Looks like there are some parts available on ebay so perhaps you can fix the catch? What is not working, assume it just doesn't hold the door shut anymore but the safety switches must be working still?

This could work, just thinking of the depth difference between the door and the unit?

Miele t494c, I honestly have no idea its been like this for the past few years, I think it broke

You could space it off. What about a magnetic catch?

Looks like there are some parts available on ebay so perhaps you can fix the catch? What is not working, assume it just doesn't hold the door shut anymore but the safety switches must be working still?

I did think of a magnetic catch but I couldn't find anything suitable can you recommend anything? will this work? :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35376388...ozEw1jiVtA%3D%3D|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBMjpe-u6xf

I think I bypassed the safety switch, I honestly forgot what happened to the lock, it broke a few years back and the weights have been pushed up against it ever since...

I thought the baby safety straps would work aha

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back