TUMBLE DRYER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After 10 mins or so my tumble dryer (HOOVER HDC7FM) keeps tripping out the electric,seems to be working fine until then.

Thanks Paul

Sponsored Links
Its also tripping the electric when warm but not in use just plugged in. Can anyone explain this to me

Its also tripping the electric when warm but not in use just plugged in. Can anyone explain this to me

What sort of consumer unit do you have, fuses or circuit breakers? Is it tripping an mcb or rcd if it is the latter? Have you checked the supply cable for physical damage?

Sponsored Links
Its an rcd and yes i have checked the cable fuse ect. Whats happening now is its runs when cold for about 10 mins then trips, when i switch the units back on its trips straight away unless i unplug then soon as i plug in it trips without even turning on. so i leave it to cool and runs for ten mins then trips.

Thanks Paul

I presume when you say "connect the units" you are refering to the element, if you take it out & give it a good clean, removing all the compacted crud that builds up, it may resolve the problem. If not it sounds like you will need to replace the element assy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back