TURBOmax VUW 242/1 E boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a TURBOmax VUW 242/1 E boiler and recently we have had a few issues with the pressure gauge not working as expected. I looked at the gauge last week and it indicated a really low pressure ( around 0.5 ). I presumed it may be with me bleeding a few radiators which hadn't been turned on for a while and I therefore increased it to 1.5. About half an hour later there was water coming out of the back of the boiler ( the overflow is into the garage so I suspect it was coming from here ). The pressure was showing at 2.5 at the time. I therefore dropped the pressure down to 1.5 and all seemed well again.

The following morning when I got up the pressure was back down to 0.3. However, the boiler still fired up and has worked fine ever since. Its is switched on for 14 hours a day and when I check the pressure intermittently throughout the day its always the same at 1.5 but it always drops back down to 0.3 when not being used.

The only other information that is relevant is that British Gas changed the pressure gauge November last year because they said it was faulty.

Any ideas of what is going on.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Could be your filling loop is not turned off fully or your expansion vessel is depleted & needs recharging.

Thanks.

I have checked the Filling Loop and its definitely turned off. Is it likely that the expansion vessel is broken or would the pressure keep increasing if this was the case.

Cheers

Steve

push the valve in on the ex vessel, if water comes out you need a new one.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back