Turbomax VUW282 no ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice on this would be more than welcome

My Vaillant turbomax is not igniting after a water leak near it got it pretty wet
(no water got in to the circuit board housing)

It was working normally before this, following info might help:

Green power light on

CH light on

Fan light comes on

Ignition light comes on

It clearly sparks but then does not fire so the lockout light comes on

normal stuff is fine eg. pump is working, pressure is set at one bar

Taking all this in to consideration my 1st guess would be that something is now stopping the gas, as the gas supply is fine could it be the gas soleniod did not like getting wet???

Any thoughts gratefully received.

I have been a reasonably competent DIY plumber for 20yrs + and have successfully changed parts in the past (microswitchs, diaphrams, pressure relief valve, even a whole diverter valve and a DHW heat exchanger)

Cheers
Rob

Sponsored Links
Need to check if there is power going to the gas valve and also that the gas pressure to the appliance is correct.

Its RGI territory TBH

Cheers Mate

I will check if power is getting to the valve
but unless I'm being dumb I cannot see that gas pressure to the boiler would have changed and gas pressure to the rest of the house is fine.

Measuring gas pressure is CORGI job.

But you can remove gas valve supply plug and measure the resistance of the solenoids. IF you are competent to do that simple test!

If open circuit then a CORGI job to replace and setup.

I know someone who is CORGI registered and he does not even know how to measure the mains voltage on his meter !!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Cheers Agile

I guess measuring resistance at the soleniod is a simple job once you know how. I take it I'm looking for a figure in OHMS :confused:

I know anything to do with gas is a CORGI job, I did not actually measure the gas pressure but as far as i'm aware it has not changed.

Morning all

I checked resistance but I'm non the wiser

with the solenoid removed and the multimeter set at 200 kiloms I get a reading of 1.8, with it reconnected to the circuit board but not connected to the gas flow it does not operate on ignition sequence. (service valve on gas flow pipe turned off)

???????????????????????????????????

Cheers Chris

I took the pipes of the water pressure switch and blew in it I can hear a flap moving, I'm guessing that means its working ???

my mistake that must have been the air pressure valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back