Turf Suppliers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm ready to order the turf for my new lawn and am wondering which supplier to go with.

There are several I've found on the internet and the prices vary considerably..... Rolawn, Turfland, Turfshop etc etc

I'd be interested in any feedback you could give before I place the order....

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Why not use your nearest garden centre and thereby support you own locale? :idea:

If you want a really nice lawn, when you order your new turf make sure your supplier provides you with turf supplied to them, on the same day they deliver it to you.
Turf is dying from the moment it is cut and rolled, and the transfer time needs to be kept to a minimum......

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Why not use your nearest garden centre and thereby support you own locale? :idea:

because a garden centre will have turf that is not fresh in and will be kack. have a look in yellow pages etc. Most areas will have local turf suppliers, who will either grow their own or import it down from East Anglia. Most will only deliver it on certain days because that is when it is fresh, rather than leaving it rolled up as most shops and garden centres do.

Thanks for the feedback...

I think I'll go with Rolawn for several reasons...

1) I can't find any reference anywhere to any bad experiences with them.
2) Their website says all the right things.
3) It's easy.

Ta again.

I'm planning on laying a new lawn myself this weekend. Last weekend I levelled it with some top soil from this supplier and will be ordering turf from them as the soil arrived as expected. OnlineTurf.co.uk

They have a weedfree guarantee and offer next day delivery if you order before 1pm.

If you're able to wait until next week I can let you know what we think of the turf. We've decided to go online as the local suppliers seem to keep it piled outside drying for a few days, this company say they cut it to order.

I did my lawn a few weeks ago and trust me when i say i did my research.

Rolawn turf is unlike any other I saw, what I mean by that is the rolls are a lot wider and much easier to lay in my opinion.

The quality of the turf was amazing and FAR superior to turfland's.

Get you yellow pages and look for a supplier of rolawns in your area. Go along and compare it with the others. you will not be disappointed with it.

I paid £2.95 from a local garden centre. I think if you buy direct its a little more expensive. I looked at some a little cheaper £2.49 and it looked like straw. It was the worst turf i have ever seen.

I'm not sure but i think on the rolawn site there is a list of authorised suppliers.

AndyBill said:
thanks,

is it called Medallion Turf?

rolawn do medallion turf yes. it's top quality stuff. never heard a bad word said about rolawn.

watched a guy loading up turf at focus the other day, i felt so sorry for the bloke, it was falling apart as he put it in his boot. horrible stuff.

One thing is for certain, however good the turf you buy, it will all count for nothing if you do not prepare your ground thoroughly.

Follow the advice given by rolawn for preparation to the letter, but once you have done this leave your ground for at least 2 to 3 weeks, longer if possible.
This will allow any weeds/grasses to germinate, which you can then kill prior to laying your lawn.

http://www.rolawn.co.uk/turf_homeowners_1_3.html

Yes the stuff i used was medalion.

Good gear but like trazor says, ensure you have prepped the ground.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back