Turn off a radiator??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have some radiators in my place I want to turn off, and I can't figure out how to do it. On one side by the floor is a valve you can turn left or right. On the opposite end of the radiator at the top is another valve when turned it drips. I was told if you turned the valve by the floor closed the radiator would soon get cold and stay cold, but it doesn't work. Is left closed, or is right closed anyway? Neither direction seems to help. I would like to shut the radiator off so it goes cold and stays cold. If I need it to get hot again, I'd like to be able to do that too. Please help if you can, I'm sweltering. Thanks!

Kk.

Sponsored Links
to turn them off turn the valves clockwise

but it sounds like yours are duff , you have to drain down and fit new ones.

Hey, How would I drain it and fit new ones? Only one of the radiators has a knob on the right valve side. The others you have to turn it with a wrench.

not wishing to appear to be rude, but i suggest you try asking some one else, the problem is you appear to be in Canada, and this is a UK based forum, so our plumbing fittings / set up are different than yours

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
not wishing to appear to be rude, but i suggest you try asking some one else, the problem is you appear to be in Canada, and this is a UK based forum, so our plumbing fittings / set up are different than yours

good point :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back