Turn off the end of cycle alarm for Bosch WAQ283S0GB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model is
Automatic washing machine
VarioPerfect Exxcel
WAQ283S0GB

*It seems nuts to me that Which? recommend this machine so highly, and yet to use cheap night-time electricity, you're woken up by the annoying and not stopping end of cycle beeping. I've downloaded the manual, I've searched the web and seen solutions for other models, just not this one. Please help. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
And not only do I have bad taste in washers, but I got the model number wrong. Sorry. This is the one I have:

WAQ28461GB

Your model number isn't complete, it is missing two digits after "GB". It is either 01 - 10 - or 11. That said it is possible to change the signal volume or turn it off altogether on ALL these versions & the process is exactly the same. Look carefully at the top of page 6 in your user manual....."Individual settings" ....."Signal"..... It is all explained there ;)

Just a flimsy six page booklet. Page six is about "Transportation, when moving Home" I looked at the website, and downloaded the manual pdf as well to make sure I was not missing something - it's exactly the same as the paper booklet...

My order from appliances online only gives: WAQ28461GB

The manual also only has that - I'm not sure where to find it.

A

Sponsored Links
You are looking at a booklet called "INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS" (II). It describes how to install the machine....NOT how to use it or change the settings :rolleyes:
You need to find the other booklet delivered with your machine "INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE" (IU)...or download it from the BSH website. Then look at page 6.
A vehicle handbook doesn't normally tell you the car registration number....that is on the numberplate.
The same applies for a washer...the numberplate (i.e. full model number) is on the machine (on a sticker in the door opening)....

Thanks so much. The model number suffix is -01.
I only got that brochure.
I went to the website, and under "Instruction Manuals" that's what downloads. I downloaded both documents for my model, and the model -11 and all four documents are the same brochure in .pdf form.
I called the company I bought it from to ask where the manual was, and they confirmed there is no manual supplied. The brochure does include operating instructions, briefly, but nothing on turning off the end of cycle beep.
If you have page 6 in front of you, is there any way you could send me a screen shot of it? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks so much. I am thrilled to have the document at last. I've been trying since Sat night to understand it - to no avail so far, but I have some friends coming round Wednesday who I think might be better than me at deciphering hieroglyphics. Really appreciate your help in finding the instructions. Thanks again.

You may have sorted this by now but if not try this
1. Set the dial to the off position
2. Turn it one position til display lights up
3. Press and hold the ECO PERFECT turn dial to next programme
4.Set the volume by pressing clock button (under temperature button) to zero
for OFF
5. Turn the dial to next programme press clock button again
6. Return dial to off position

Good Luck

Model is
Automatic washing machine
VarioPerfect Exxcel
WAQ283S0GB

*It seems nuts to me that Which? recommend this machine so highly, and yet to use cheap night-time electricity, you're woken up by the annoying and not stopping end of cycle beeping. I've downloaded the manual, I've searched the web and seen solutions for other models, just not this one. Please help. Many thanks.

I have read. Everyone's comments. On this subject and am sure I have the correct model number. However I do not have the clock button you mention. I only have speed perfect , Eco perfect,aqua plus, reduced ironing ,rinse hold, and start reload and only a small LCD display
We are being driven mad by this buzzer. Please can someone. Tell me how to turn it off,
Thanks ria

I have read. Everyone's comments. On this subject and am sure I have the correct model number. However I do not have the clock button you mention. I only have speed perfect , Eco perfect,aqua plus, reduced ironing ,rinse hold, and start reload and only a small LCD display
We are being driven mad by this buzzer. Please can someone. Tell me how to turn it off,
Thanks ria

Ria I'm having the same issue wish I'd bought something else now. Even the instruction manual gives the previous advice which is not applicable. It's driving me mad!!!!! Did you manage to find a solution?

I have just managed to turn the beeping off mine.

Set the dial to the off position
Turn the dial one click clockwise.
Once the display has lit up, hold down the Eco perfect button.
Turn the dial another click clockwise (whilst still holding the Eco button).
Now press spin cycle selection button (under "rinse hold")
You can keep pressing this button to choose the volume of your beeb
You will notice a different spin cycle speed light display each time you press it
Once you have selected your required volume (i.e. Silent!), turn the dial back to the off position

You should now not hear any beeps

I have now discovered my instructions above only turn off the beeping when pressing a button - not at the end of the cycle! Another click should turn off the end of cycle alarm (but i can't check it until I do another wash).

Set the dial to the off position
Turn the dial one click clockwise.
Once the display has lit up, hold down the Eco perfect button.
Turn the dial another TWO clicks clockwise (whilst still holding the Eco button).
Now press spin cycle selection button (under "rinse hold")
You can keep pressing this button to choose the volume of your beeb
You will notice a different spin cycle speed light display each time you press it
Once you have selected your required volume (i.e. Silent!), turn the dial back to the off position

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back