Turning my gas meter round

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Not sure if this is in the correct forum so Mods please move if you need to.
Basically I have my gas meter in a cupboard with 2 doors (one at the front of the meter and one at the back of it). I want to close off and panel the door facing the front of the meter 'ccos its in my vestibule and is a bit of an eyesore. Obviously it then means I can't see the meter reading, so, who do I contact to turn it around..I'm presuming B.G. Anyone have any ideas of cost of this seemingly straightforward job?
Ta
JohnyT

Sponsored Links
How much room is there to turn it round?

If theres the space to spin it round on the inlet side then only the outlet side need be re-routed which any RGI coud do.

If the inlet side needs re-routing then transco/national grid or whoever will need to get involved

Any RGI will be able to do it for you as the pipework will need altering.

How much room is there to turn it round?

If theres the space to spin it round on the inlet side then only the outlet side need be re-routed which any RGI coud do.

If the inlet side needs re-routing then transco/national grid or whoever will need to get involved
Sorry but I'm not very clued up on this...is the inlet one the one with the lever that I can turn off? If so theres no room to just swivel it so that one s just connected
JohnyT

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back