turning off hot water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
this may seem a relatively dumb question but I want to be sure there isnt anything I am not aware of.
I have a cold water mains system which feeds all the taps in hte house direct. The hot water is from a boiler in the kitchen which supplys a storage tank up stairs.
I need to turn off the hot water supply so that I can replace the bathroom suite. there are three stop taps in hte airing cupboard next to the tank but if i turn all of them off the water still flows to the bath taps.
Can someone tell me the correct procedure for turning off the hot water so that I do not cause any damge to the boiler etc. Thanks

Sponsored Links
by stoptaps do you mean these :?:

p1079391_l.jpg

Sponsored Links
One is to the bottom tank pipe which is red hot ( comes from boiler in kitchen i think)
next one is on the pipe after the central heating pump.
3rd one is also on the bottom pipe but is on a pipe which joins it after an elbow.
4th is on a cold pipe from the attic which meets up with a unit fitted on hte pipe called an Aerjec 2 (Myson)
I have a photo of this but have no means of getting it on this site as my webspace is not accessible at hte moment I could email it if this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back