Combi Boiler and turning off water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have been doing some work on my bathroom and have had to turn the water supply off a few times.
Now when I turn on the cold tap the boiler pump (or something inside) operates for a few seconds the pressure drops to .8 then goes back up to 1 bar. The boiler doesn't ignite but something runs inside. It never used to do this before!
I have always turned the boiler off when the water supply was off in case someone turned the hot water tap on accidently but I have never turned off the water supply to the boiler.
The boiler still give hot water but I am a bit worried now that something is running inside when I turn on the cold water tap. Something has changed.
I have a manual but can't see any advice or procedure to follow if disconnecting the water supply.
Any ideas or advice please?
G.

Sponsored Links
Have you fitted mixer taps, or created a dead leg somewhere in the pipe work.

It's obviously a combi, so any air can only be trapped in a dead leg.

Sponsored Links
Come on kev, you've got to assume that he's ran all his taps plenty, after doing new work and before posting on here.

never assume anything on here

like my boiler wont work on heating :?:

have you turned the selector to water / heating

oh thanks it worked :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks lads that's put me at ease a bit at least the boilers not K********d.
I've got the bath out at the moment to plaster so the taps hadn't been run the bath pipes had air in.
I undid the taps and a large gush of air came out the combi seems O.K.
In future should I turn off the water supply to the combi boiler when I turn off the water?
G.

I've got the bath out at the moment to plaster so the taps hadn't been run the bath pipes had air in.
Aaaarghh :LOL:
In future should I turn off the water supply to the combi boiler when I turn off the water?
No need if you turn off the water at the stopcock anyway.

Aaaarghh :LOL:
No need if you turn off the water at the stopcock anyway.

drunk-irish-048.gif

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back