Turning off stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house has no internal stopcock, so I have to turn off the main external one. I've found it, but I don't know which thing I'm meant to turn - what does the stopcock actually look like? There's a blue lever down there, is that it?

Sponsored Links
Rain said:
My house has no internal stopcock, so I have to turn off the main external one. I've found it, but I don't know which thing I'm meant to turn - what does the stopcock actually look like? There's a blue lever down there, is that it?
the outside stopcock is either... looking like a brasss cock with a handle you fint on an outside tap or.. a square kind of stump. both can be low in the ground up to 3 feet or so,, you can get a key for those at a plumbers merchand,,,the more modern cocks are hidden under some styrofoam in the ground,, and you can turn it off by hand wich could look like a blue lever you are talkin about...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back