Turning off the direct cold feed valve to worceter combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of going to fit a shower mixer bath tap .I need to remove old bath taps. Recently had a gas service plumber in he said all I have to do ist turn of the cold feed to boiler and this will enable me to change the hot tap as there is no stop cock in upstair flat. cold wter has inline valves on all cold taps. Sounds easy at least thats what i thought you just turn the screw on the dcw valve.
No, valve seams locked I can only think by the plastic black notched ring above the bottom valve screw.
How do I free the ring hopefully without breaking it and then hopefully I can turn screwthen and stop hot flow ?
Job held up.

Sponsored Links
photo of the underside of the boiler and the valve you are talking about please

I think you are talking about the check valve test screw, which is not a valve.
But a picture or boiler make/model would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
It's the second inlet from the right on mine (27CDi). Behind the filling link assembly - there should be a square white plastic filling tap at the front, behind which on the underside of the inlet port you should see a screw operated valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back