Turning off water suply

Status
Not open for further replies.

KO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak under my kitchen sink. I need to replace the stopcock but have been unable to turn off the external water supply as the outside water connection that switches the water off is a circular piece of plastic of about 3 inches in diameter with six little prongs coming out of it. This item is too tight to turn by hand and we are therefore unable to switch the water off and replace the stopcock. We have bought a new stopcock. Can you advise me how I can get this fixed or where I can get a tool to switch the water off.

Sponsored Links
any local merchant should be able to provide you with a tool to switch off the supply. Failing that, unfortunatly you will have to phone the water board and if there anything like yorkshire water then don't expect them anytime soon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back