turns how water on and central heating comes on????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

My friend has a combination boiler and has a few problems, firstly when they turn hot water on it is hot for a few seconds then goes cold and doesnt heat up again, also they tell me when the hot water is turned on the central heating comes on?????

although i have advised him to get a corgi guy in, i am curious to know what the problem is

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its a problem stemming from the diverter valve, what boiler is it?

not sure sorry , o he also told me that he (and cant believe he does this) that the boiler only fires up if he loosens screws on front panel and lifts it out slightly...yes i know...

why is this?

Daz- said:
not sure sorry , o he also told me that he (and cant believe he does this) that the boiler only fires up if he loosens screws on front panel and lifts it out slightly...yes i know...

why is this?

This is because he is a tight arse who would rather risk his life than pay for a service!...there is a partial blockage on a component.

Sponsored Links
yep i agree with you totally and have advised him to stop straight away,

thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back