TV Cables

Indeed. I'm interested to hear that your experiences are the same as mine.

Kind Regards, John

Though strictly it is true there are no analogue tuners as there is no such thing. There is only one tuner for analogue and digital. It is all in the decoders, and no analogue decoders have not been dropped except in some very small 8" screens in the likes of Maplin.

Sponsored Links
.... and no analogue decoders have not been dropped except ...
I'm trying to work out what was the intended meaning of that double negative.

As for your main point, you are quite probably right that there is, in general, no longer any such thing (in a TV) as a physical, standalone, "analogue tuner" - but I'm sure you understand that what we were talking about was "tuners with an ability to decode analogue signals".

Kind Regards, John

Not double negative; just poor punctuation -

.... It is all in the decoders, and no analogue decoders have not been dropped except ...
It is all in the decoders and, no, analogue decoders have not been dropped except ...

You see; it transforms the meaning completely.

Sponsored Links
Not double negative; just poor punctuation -
Yes, maybe it's due to poor punctuation - but with that poor punctuation (or, rather, the absence of required punctuation) it is a double negative, isn't it?
It is all in the decoders and, no, analogue decoders have not been dropped except ...
Yes, that would be a very credible 'intended meaning' - but I suppose only the author could tell us for certain whether that is what was intended!

Kind Regards, John

Thanks for replies, the sky is really so the kids can watch their crap in their bedrooms, but I don't want to be paying for 4 sky boxes!

So, what is the best method if they all want to watch different programmes at the same time (is this even possible?!)

Thanks

We gave our children books to read. They grew up into responsible, capable adults. Why condemn yours to a life of mediocrity?

Last edited:
I have absolutely no moral problems whatsoever in using card sharing, skybox type devices to bypass the extortionate fee's of Mr. Wupert Murdoch's empire.

(Apparently, he absolutely HATES being called Woopert or Wupert & you very, VERY rarely hear of it being used in the MSM, even when they are 'allegedly' mocking him !)

All channels . . . £10 per year. Cheap as chips. The whole fookin neighbourhood is in on it, even the serving & retired Police.

tell me more...

Completely illegal and if you get caught I have no sympathy if the book gets thrown at you.

If you feel sky's fees are extortionate you don't have to subscribe but stealing the service is not on.
Do you also steal from shops if you find their prices extortionate?

I have absolutely no moral problems whatsoever in using card sharing, skybox type devices to bypass the extortionate fee's of Mr. Wupert Murdoch's empire.

(Apparently, he absolutely HATES being called Woopert or Wupert & you very, VERY rarely hear of it being used in the MSM, even when they are 'allegedly' mocking him !)

All channels . . . £10 per year. Cheap as chips. The whole fookin neighbourhood is in on it, even the serving & retired Police.

His real name is Keith I gather. He changed it to Rupert to class himself up (in his opinion).

I watch the full Sky film packages, sports, the full knackers etc. on a Amazon Fire Stick that my wife worked out how to chip. She downloaded the necessary software using our wifi after watching a 'how to' video on You Tube. She's a clever sausage. Yes I know it's not technically legal but then British royalty organising the professional hit on Diana wasn't either.

Loads of videos on You Tube. Sky films and sports packages work best via Mobdro.

Kodi is great for non-Sky stuff like watching the latest films.

Do a search on You Tube and enlighten yourselves and your wallets my children.

I thankyou....and goodnight......

Ah there's a black helicopter landing on my lawn with Sky police exiting it......they'll never take me alive.....

Completely illegal and if you get caught I have no sympathy if the book gets thrown at you.

If you feel sky's fees are extortionate you don't have to subscribe but stealing the service is not on.
Do you also steal from shops if you find their prices extortionate?

Winston the Superhero! Battling for righteousness for the big corporations.

Wielding a bible in one hand and a lubed up extra large aubergine in the other, Winston will remonstrate with all that he sees doing wrong. Winston the megalomaniac (look it up in a dictionary dear fellow), Winston the all-seeing, omnipotent, omnipresent force in society. With annual subscriptions to male wrestling magazines and an avid collector of Julian Clary Christmas annuals Winston fights for justice for all. Crossing the road when the green man isn't on? Winston will leap out from behind the nearest tree, naked and unashamed to berate the offender.

There will be no further dialogue from me to anything you write Winston old horse. I wouldn't lower myself.

Source? (and proof please).
There's a surprising number of books about it although I confess that I've read only one (and only because it was already on a second-hand "Kindle" that I bought off eBay!)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...lias=stripbooks&field-keywords=death+of+diana

Although the whole affair smacks of cover-up, one fact concerns me: a car accident isn't guaranteed to kill a rear-seat passenger. Assassinations usually use a more certain method, such as a bullet, poison, or an aeroplane crash. (C.f. the Clintons who are allegedly experts in the field, with a trail of about 46 bodies so far.) So, although it seems as if there's an attempt to hide some of the facts, I'm not convinced that Diana's death was intentional - at least not in the way that it happened.

(In contrast, the demolishing of the three WTC towers was definitely an "inside job".)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back