TV internal connectors to Loudspeakers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone tell me what connectors are used to connect the loudspeakers to control board on a Samsung EU40D5520 television? probably Molex but I can't identify with my eyesight. I find sound output from LED TVs pretty poor and would like to try connecting to a pair of Hi-Fi speakers I have doing nothing.

John

Sponsored Links
probably Molex
Probably not a Molex.
I believe it may be the right hand connector based on some YouTube videos.
Screenshot_20231110-194906_Chrome.jpg

Unless you can afford to trash your TV if you make a mistake, and you are really interested in experimenting, this probably isn't an avenue worth exploring.
Find yourself an AV amp, or a soundbar for a decent audio experience.

You would need to connect to an amplifier, then connect to the speakers. What outputs do you have on your TV? I managed to find a really good remote control amp off Marketplace for about £90. Matched with my ancient speakers (which admittedly are pretty decent) the sound is outstanding.

Sponsored Links
Thanks freddy and randongrinch, my thoughts started along that direction and I will be purchasing an amplifier.

thanks for the reply foxhole, I am going down the road of amplifiers.

Looking back I ended up with a Yamaha AS-501, with the all important remote control, mute function and optical input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back