tv signal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, have been trying to set up a tv upstairs, i managed to get a good signal but moved the aeriel just a fraction and lost the reception completely and couldnt get it back, i eventually got a signal but only got channels to do with the bbc, i have since bought a tv aeriel signal finder but only get 1 light on it to light up no matter where i point it, the aeriel is in the loft

has anybody got any advice

thanks

Sponsored Links
Have a look on the web for one of the sites that lists transmitters. Here's one link but there are other sites too. It'll help you work the best direction for your area.

The site I linked also has info about aerial types, boosters and other useful bits. :)

Sponsored Links
With analogue TV's you have to just look at picture quality but digital TV's often have built in "S" meter. This will look for signal strength of just TV signal and not any other radio transmitters and is far more use than simple in line tester.

Found the same with satellite the built in tone and strength meter of digi-box is better than cheap satellite finder. However I had to take box to friend who already had a dish aimed at satellite wanted to tune in box to start with. You may need to do same with freeview.

There are some expensive tuning boxes where you can select the frequency etc. These work very well but also cost £100's so not really likely to be used by anyone but aerial fitter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back