TVR TRAITORS TO THERE WORK FORCE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just when you start to take a pride in something made in the uk they take it away ?

TVR had a workforce to be proud of they put there products first and foremost and there loyalty to the company was never doubted

now they have been told TVR is going abroad to make the cars £ 700 cheaper

DISGUSTING i hope anyone with a tvr will send a message to TVR saying they wont purchase another i know my m8 who has one and he is even going to sell his out of disgust

SHAME ONE THEM we need to send a message to manufacturers in the form of A % 35 tax rate if they dont make it here then tax it

shame on anyone of you that has a foreign built motor too ? why do it and dont say reliability there are no unreliable cars now

SUPPORT BRITISH GOODS

Sponsored Links
Is that manufacture or design.

Its a big world, we are a small part of it.
What make is your PC, where was the plastic made, where did the oil come from that made the plastic.

Do you understand

Slogger, don't you think we are now too costy to make anything?

Some items you buy here will encourage us to get a big pay rise. (?)

Maybe we're just not competitive enough and everyones want valve for money.

TVR is a high end product
its classed as a luxury motor car a fast sports car MADE IN ENGLAND

the amount they will save making it abroad is a joke compared to the overall profit they make on the cars

dont you think we need to start being a manufacturer .

design / etc is all fine and good but its not going to employ a lot of people

we need a closed shop

CHEAP IMPORTS very often means just that CHEAP TAT

if we in the uk dont support our own products then we are going to pay a high price for not doing so in the near future

Sponsored Links
Actually, in a way I agree with Slogger. It would appear that most firms want to go abroad to manufacture stuff & pay peanuts instead of paying a decent wage. I really feel for the people who work for TVR, Rover, Peugeot and many others. It's just so unfair.

I was with Norwich Union insurance for years until they moved their call centres to India. I have nothing against Indian's but I refuse to give my business to a firm that is too tight to pay people a decent wage in this country.

How do all of these businesses think that British people are going to continue to be able to afford to buy their goods if they continue to take their jobs away from them?

I have seen it happen in South Wales where they closed all the pits - desolate communities that no one gives a damn about. More kids on heroin than have jobs etc. Is this what British industry is trying to do to the rest of the UK?

Incidentally, my car is a Nissan which was built in UK and my computer is was designed and built just around the corner to me!

Sorry Slogger, I've misread your post :oops:

As usual the companies are getting greedy which seem to be out of our control :cry:

Brightness

Actually, in a way I agree with Slogger. It would appear that most firms want to go abroad to manufacture stuff & pay peanuts instead of paying a decent wage. I really feel for the people who work for TVR, Rover, Peugeot and many others. It's just so unfair.

So is ok if they go abroad to purchase the components, because if your answer to that is 'no' we should make them all you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

I have a feeling this thread will run to many many pages

Diyisfun said:
Providing no one insults or abuse anybody here then it fair to listen to everybody point of views.

This country is quickly going down the pan.

My missus has a cousin who works for Bentley in Crewe. I dont know what he earns exactly but I do know that he ****es a huge amount of money up the wall every week. As far as I can gather, he has no qualifications and has worked on car production lines for all of his life.
I've told him that it's simply a matter of time before Bentley (VW) follow suit and do exactly the same thing. At the moment he doesn't seem concerned about it at all.

It's a damn shame when you consider that this is the only type of work these people know and can do.

My first job was working for Michelin Tyres. I took up a 3 year apprenticeship at a major factory with the promise of a job at the end of it. They trained me up and when my training came to an end, they laid me off with literally nothing to show for what I had achieved. Scumbags!

Diyisfun said:
So is ok if they go abroad to purchase the components, because if your answer to that is 'no' we should make them all you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Oh durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Diyisfun, I'm not stupid you know :rolleyes: . ALL countries buy components from other countries. I just don't like the fact that big manufacturers are taking ALL the business abroad - you can guarantee that the fat cats will still be employed and have bulging back pockets though :rolleyes:

Glassman
This country is quickly going down the pan.
Have been listening to that for as long as I can remember

trained me up and when my training came to an end, they laid me off with literally nothing to show for what I had achieved. Scumbags!
You go to university, with no promise of a job at end.

Im not saying anyone is stupid. What I would say is that people should give a thought to what makes the money go round.
Yes we all want jobs, we all want money, some people work for it, some want it given to them.
These so called fat cats, I bet they didnt sit on there A**SE & get to be fat cats.

So by the way this thread is shaping up, there are no shareholders involved in this tread, and no pensions being paid.

Anyone buying for a business & I know a few of you do, you need to buy a product at the best price, as long as the product meets the specification, you dont care who made it or what country it came from.

trained me up and when my training came to an end, they laid me off with literally nothing to show for what I had achieved. Scumbags!

You go to university, with no promise of a job at end.
This Government doesn't care about university problem as long the employment figures looks good.

TVR are not actually quiting Britain for certain(not yet anyway).

TVR spokesman Jason Oxley told the Daily Telegraph: "We are not announcing TVR’s closure, we are not being sold, we just haven’t renewed the lease on the current factory. We are looking to remain in the Blackpool area and we are looking at our options, which might include some sub-assembly manufacturing overseas."

Though I do agree with the sentiments that too many British companies are selling up and going abroad purely in the pursuit of an extra dollar for the shareholders :(
The love of money is the root of Britains evils.

TVR management is surely only responding to the demand from the Great British Public, so the blame lies with them (us) as well.

If you go to France, you see mostly Citroens, Renaults and Peugeots on the road - If you go to Germany (though for some slightly different reasons as well) it is all Audis and VWs. Italians support their indigenous industry too.

Now, one of two things must be happening - Either indigenous car manufacturers are cheaper in their country of origin (and if that is so, Rover and TVR should have been able to make more of a go of it in the UK) or other Europeans are just more patriotic when it comes to buying cars.

So maybe TVR are looking to chase profits, but only because the message they are getting from the market is that people aren't willing to pay for UK manufacturing costs.

Sponsored Links
Back