TVR TRAITORS TO THERE WORK FORCE

Diyisfun said:
trained me up and when my training came to an end, they laid me off with literally nothing to show for what I had achieved. Scumbags!
You go to university, with no promise of a job at end.

Quite right. But an apprenticeship isn't the same as going to university is it? :confused:

At the time a large percentage of Michelin's workforce was sourced from it's own apprenticeship schemes and I expect the same goes for most of the car industry. Have you ever tried getting to work for one of these companies? They dont want to know if you're an ex-bricky who wants a change of direction. They want young fresh minds that they can mould.

Many companies in my experience only want to employ people with a bit of know-how and hands on experience.
It seems to me that a lot of graduates struggle to find work these days simply because they lack any work experience whatsoever and employers are looking for that little bit more.

Sponsored Links
Isn't TVR owned by a Russian who bought the company as a hobby?

sounds great to me more people on the dole it is the way all things will go and we will all be on min wage in 5 years so enjoy the gold rush at the mo as it will be coming to an end, they are even drafting people in from the sick to go to the job centre and make them work its a disgrace.
Work is only for slaves.

Acording to Pickles using foreign labour is cheaper - so they should employ Poles.

joe

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: Long as the £houses£ keep going up we`re allright Jack :LOL: :LOL:

I've heard a couple of things; can't guarantee that they're accurate:

- The company was bought by a Russian playboy as a prestige toy

- They've only sold 6 cars this year

- TVR is a niche market car, bought by enthusiasts.

Now, I don't know if the current owner is a good employer or not, but he doesn't appear to be any good at running a car company. I don't know if he antagonised the TVR enthusiasts, for example by sacking the designers and engineers, or changing the character of the car, or if build quality dropped.

If he can't sell the cars, there's no point in making them and the company is no good.

Slogger said:
SHAME ONE THEM we need to send a message to manufacturers in the form of A % 35 tax rate if they dont make it here then tax it
So what, I wonder, would happen to the economy if the 20% of GDP that exports are responsible for was taken away......

nothing would happen coz we would tax imports too such a high extent that we would either become sefl suffiecient and/or impots would stop and we would become sefsufficient win win either way

the yanks done it with the steel industry not too long ago

we need to protect what we have left and stop importing chinese shi%e

why would u not want britain to be successfull ? EH BAS

Slogger - concentrate really hard (move your lips if it helps), and read my question again.

Note the presence of the word "exports", and the absence of the word "imports"...

Brightness, you say your computer was built around the corner - where did the components come from? :cool:

And Slogger, we will never be self sufficient as a country. So stop talking rubbish and accept that IMPORTS HAVE TO HAPPEN. Our car industry is practically non-existant nowadays, as the "long running great british farce" Rover/British Leyland proved when they ceased production of all models. All decent electronic kit is built overseas, anything electronic built in this country is sure to break down within a year of purchase.

The only thing we seem to be good at is call centres, shops, finance, and house building (and even our houses are shockingly built in some cases).

Stop moaning and accept the inevitable. NO COUNTRY IS SELF-SUFFICIENT.

ban-all-sheds said:
Slogger - concentrate really hard (move your lips if it helps), and read my question again.

Note the presence of the word "exports", and the absence of the word "imports"...

read mine again and take your time

we dont need to import most of the tat that comes from CHINA

or the foreign motors we are buying ?? shame on them

we could well be self sufficient in electronics and motor vehicles at least that would be a start

raw materiels are not what i would call an import as we need them to make the final products

ford and nissan are made here in vast numbers maybe the profits go to foreign companys but they employ the uk workforce so support them till we have our own cars

buy foreign cars and show us how much of a traitor you really are and please dont try to say QUALITY. ETC even mercedes have quality issues

put the GREAT back into BRITAIN and vote the right way

whats the right way BOYCOTT FOREIGN GOODS
:cool:

Slogger said:
buy foreign cars and show us how much of a traitor you really are

Amazing how many traitors there are on the roads nowadays, looking out of my window now I can see 6 fords & vauxhalls and 5 french, german and japanese cars. There are a lot of traitors around where I work!
I have a car made in the uk but 2 foreign motorcycles, does this make me a demi-traitor or even a 2/3 traitor.

What sort of motorcycle do you have slogger, I'm sure you mentioned suzuki at some stage (whom, incidentally, use slave labour in Burma to make their vehicles)

http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/dirty_list/dirty_list_details.html#s

Slogger said:
ban-all-sheds said:

read mine again and take your time
We're obviously going to have to start from scratch here, aren't we...

we dont need to import most of the tat that comes from CHINA
I didn't ask you about our imports.

ban-all-sheds said:
Slogger said:
SHAME ONE THEM we need to send a message to manufacturers in the form of A % 35 tax rate if they dont make it here then tax it
So what, I wonder, would happen to the economy if the 20% of GDP that exports are responsible for was taken away......
Please answer my question about our exports.

are you not listening

we would not need to worry about our exports if we didnt import so much crap we could even not export anything

play the game and support the uk or dont and we lose

vote BNP you know it makes sence

Slogger said:
are you not listening
Do you not have even the most tenuous grasp of basic econmics?

we would not need to worry about our exports if we didnt import so much rubbish we could even not export anything
You agreed above that we would have to import raw materials.

If we export nothing, how do we earn the foreign currency needed to pay for those imports?

Sponsored Links
Back