Twin and Earth into flush light fitting

Ok, yes that makes sense (and was what I originally thought!). Should have used a chocbox after all. :(
The electrician said exactly that, "All terminals should be fixed to a base"!

So in your opinion are those click connectors actually against the regs?
The connector is just resting in the ceiling so there is no real strain on the cables and I recon it's still a lot better than the chocblock floating about (at least the terminals are enclosed now.)

I'm asking because I think the connectors are actually quite neat (and one can easily unplug the lamp to redecorate or change) but I won't use any more if they don't comply!

Sponsored Links
The connectors you have used Ken778, are as you say "quite neat" and user friendly.
As far as the requirements are concerned, I would not consider them a non-compliance, providing the cables, connections, enclosures are not going to cause any stress to cables and cables are not going to be subjected to excessive heat and the enclosures are suitably mechanically protected for the environment. (which don't think is problem)
You should be fine, the joints are easily accessible for I&T and maintenance, so don't see an issue in this case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back