Twin pump not sending water to upstairs bath and taps.

Presuming the basin in the loft is a fair bit higher than 6" off the floor then the the hot tap will be above the level of the cistern
I doubt the basin would be anywhere near the eves

Sponsored Links
I doubt the basin would be anywhere near the eves
Usually the eves are the overhang of the roof trusses/rafters that extend out over the wall of a house. Presuming the eves in this case are the spaces/rafters in behind the converted loft walls, then it would be fair to presume the floor of the converted loft is on those same rafters/joists and at the same level.

If that's the case and the basin is on that same loft floor either on a pedestal or vanity then that will make it at least 800mm odd off the loft floor so the hot tap on the basin will be at least 650mm above the base of the cistern if the cistern is 6" above those rafters?

Don't know Madrab,pics would be useful. I suspect the OP's description of eves may be misleading.

Presuming the basin in the loft is a fair bit higher than 6" off the floor then the the hot tap will be above the level of the cistern, so probably no gravity flow, therefore the pump would have to be universal (negative head).

If so may just need the mini EV re-charged

Please post a pic of the pump.

Attachments

• 20231026_204346.jpg
    20231026_204346.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
Usually the eves are the overhang of the roof trusses/rafters that extend out over the wall of a house. Presuming the eves in this case are the spaces/rafters in behind the converted loft walls, then it would be fair to presume the floor of the converted loft is on those same rafters/joists and at the same level.

If that's the case and the basin is on that same loft floor either on a pedestal or vanity then that will make it at least 800mm odd off the loft floor so the hot tap on the basin will be at least 650mm above the base of the cistern if the cistern is 6" above those rafters?
Yes sorry, the basin is on a pedestal and is around 800 mm off of the loft floor. The bath obviously lower! Pic attached. Excuse the mess..in the middle of decorating!

Attachments

• 20231028_130825.jpg
    20231028_130825.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 119
Ok you get upstairs hot tap running and shower is then turned off the hot water carries on running. If you the turn the hot tap off for 5 seconds and then turn it back on does any sort of flow dribble out
I turned off the shower and then the hot taps for 5 seconds and back on and they run fine. I tried this several times at differing intervals and it seems to stop working completely after about 30 seconds following turning them off and back on again. If that makes sense?

I turned off the shower and then the hot taps for 5 seconds and back on and they run fine. I tried this several times at differing intervals and it seems to stop working completely after about 30 seconds following turning them off and back on again. If that makes sense?
When you turned on the hot taps did the pump kick in immediately or was there a sort of opening initial flow and then the pump kicked in

When you turned on the hot taps did the pump kick in immediately or was there a sort of opening initial flow and then the pump kicked in

My guess is that somewhere in your pipe run to the hot tap there is a point higher than the TWL in the header tank or there is a point in system that allows an air lock to develop after 30seconds thus preventing any flow and activation of the pump. Pipe run needs to be crawled over and analysed. Why it worked before and not now???? Has the level in your header tank dropped lower than normal.

Why it worked before and not now?
If it is what I think it is, then typically when the mini EV loses pressure, especially if it hasn't been used for ages, there's no longer enough pre-charge pressure to create the water movement needed to start the pump. The shower downstairs works fine as it's under positive pressure so there's enough gravity flow to activate the switch but not when it comes to the tap(s) in the loft above the CWSC, which is under negative head. It needs the EV pre-charge to hold the water under positive pressure and when the hot tap is opened the pressure creates enough flow to trip the switch.

Has your loft shower a flexible hose if so turn the hot on and lay the hose on the floor and see if you get any flow out of the rose, better still take the rose off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back